Personal log - Herbert Glenfadden

Herbert Glenfadden

Below, please find the personal log of Crewman Apprentice Herbert Glenfadden. I'm a friendly Bolian in the Science branch. I'm starting out at the very bottom, but am very excited to be a part of UFS and Pathfinder. I hope to work myself up rank-by-rank over time.

--------------
On stardate 130706, following Pathfinder Station's combat with an unknown entity, I was tasked with recovering what little debris I could of the destroyed ships. To this end, I took an ES-class Science shuttle from shuttlebay 2 and conducted a thorough search between the station and a radius of 0.15 light years. While the vast majority of the ships were destroyed, I was able to recover some 17 individual small artifacts - these mostly charred remains of little scientific value. However, I was able to recover an intact primary hull section of one of the smaller vessels. This hull fragment had a mass of nearly 1.5 times the size of the ES-class shuttle, making it difficult to tractor in. I had to drag it as close as possible to the shuttlebay doors, dock the shuttle, and pull it in using the shuttle bay's tractor emitters.

Initial scans showed the primary component to be duranium polyalloy, an ultra-strong material used by the federation only on a small-scale in arms and certain cybernetic applications. The hull appears to be from one of the smaller drones. However, the heavy damage and charring makes further analysis, such as circuit pathway analysis exceedingly difficult.
Herbert Glenfadden

Well, where do I begin? I've not made a log entry in quite a while, and a lot has changed. Probably the biggest thing is that I was promoted to Vice Chief Science Officer. Now, I'm a member of the Senior Staff and serve directly under Commander Dana Offcourse, the Chief Science Officer. I kept my rank of Crewman Apprentice for a short while after the promotion, but didn't quite feel comfortable with it. The Captain and my staff always expressed their utmost confidence in me, but I just felt uncomfortable being on the senior staff with such a low enlisted rank. I know, I know... billet trumps rank.. but a Science Crewman giving orders to a Science Commander (the highest-ranked person serving under me) just seemed too much of a stretch. So, I decided to take OCTS. I passed it, and now I'm just an ordinary Ensign.

Sometimes I miss being a crewman. I had few expectations and wanted to work myself up rank-by-rank. Honestly, I wanted to stay as far away as possible from the stress and pressure of command. Now, when I'm the ranking Science Officer, I have Science personnel looking to me for orders. I'm also expected to complete reports on Science department activities sometimes. But, it's not all bad. I like that I'm included in Senior Staff meetings now, and I definitely like having my own office.

I've taken on more responsibilities at the fleet-level too, but that will be a story for another day. Computer, end log.
Herbert Glenfadden

Computer, begin recording..

Well, apparently I'm supposed to update these things more than once or twice per year :lol: . We're moved into the new station now, and I've got a rudimentary Personnel Office set up. I've even programmed a custom dish or two into the local replicator. I brought over the pattern for Bolian vinegar-wine from the old station, and now I've begun work on one of my favorites from back home, picklebroth stew. I have the broth programmed well, but still need to program in all the ingredients.
Herbert Glenfadden

Today, we have a formal inspection. It's the first one I've ever been a part of, so I was a bit nervous. Commodore Mistwallow had some corrections to make to some Marine uniforms and how they wear their medals, but pronounced them well-represented overall. As for myself, he did note that the tricorder I was wearing was unnecessary with the Mess Dress uniform. The tricorder is a tool, and so it should only be used with the duty uniform. Also, my title wasn't formatted in the exact way that is recommended. But, I quickly corrected those two points and all was well

Return to “SS Pathfinder Mess Hall”