120810 – Proposed Sims Offers for Pathfinder Station

AndromedaStJohn Aeon
Changeling
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - Pathfinder Research Facility
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

120810 – Proposed Sims

As promised, I have been working hard to find us a new home sim to rebuild our station. To that end, listed below are the offers that have arrive to my PADD. There may be more offers coming in the future. For now, I ask that each of you carefully consider each one and then write your opinions here in this forum. Everyone need to see what others are thinking about and have an inform discussion.

Also, the door is open for each person to offer an alternative. None of these are written in stone. I will only make a final decision after all sides have spoken. Each offer has its own unique advantages and disadvantages. Please weight the options carefully.

OPTION 1 - Cordova Marabana and Rosine Heinkel (New Owners of Sector 001)

COST: $25 USD / month
PRIMS: Limited

Rosine, the new owner of 001, has offered to allow us to occupy Tranquility Station for the time being and longer if needed. This will allow us to stay close to our original home. We would be in space as the Academy is taking over the ground (planet side). This of course opens space up to us. The downfall will be that we could be facing the fact that we will be sharing the station with two other chapters. From my understanding, Cyril will be working with the command to come up with something suitable for all of us. They are putting in considerable effort to help all of us.

Currently, they are asking that we contribute $25/USD for the cost of the sim. This will help them offset the cost of a sim

OPTION 2: DDeridex Resident, CO of the USS Republic

COST: $ None - Paid for by DDeridex Resident of the USS Republic
PRIMS: 2000 (Extra Available if Needed - Subject to Negotiation)

DDeridex has offered to share their sim with us. We would be sharing the sim with the USS Republic. I am not sure when their RP times are. This would give us the option of joint RP from time to.

OPTION 3: Tedra de Arr, CO of the USS Menelaus

COST: Half of the Sim Cost which is $147 USD / month

Tedra and I have spoken at length. We have worked with this crew before and they are excited to have us with them. This would be a huge undertaking but, there is also a huge opportunity here.

This is only a working title. None of this is written in stone as I have said before. The working plan is to have Pathfinder Station as the central “Port of Call” for the USS Menelaus and the USS Insignia as well as any fleet ships that need a place for R&R, refit, and major overhaul. They have a mall which would be relocated to the top deck of PRF. The mall would be incorporated into the storyline of the station and combined with the “Bar Scene” that would be added. Both crews would work as a team. That is not to say that all of our mission would be joint missions. In fact, most missions will be separate. The USS Menelaus would continue their normal patrols which we would continue our new roles on a space station. Our NPC ship would be available to assist them if called for. We would not be butting into their mission as they would not do the same to us. There will be joint mission from time to time. The idea is that we do not intrude into each other’s missions.

The downside of this is the overall cost and prim space. We need to be able to come up with $147 USD / month to pay our fair share. We can do that by renting out places to live on the station, fund raiser, and the mall if we can help to increase the amount of traffic going through there.

OPTION 4: UFS Grid

COST: Unknown
PRIM: I have been told by the Admiral that this is not a concern.

The UFS Grid is currently open to us for a very low cost according to Admiral Calhoun. Because it is relatively unused, we would have major freedom to move around and nearly do as we wish there as far as building our station and running it. We could enact all of our vision as to what we would like to see and do in UFS.

The downside is, for me, I cannot access UFS Grid on Firestorm. Add to that it other viewers in there seem to crash my system. I do not know if anyone else has had any issues getting on the UFS Grid. If you think you know of a solution that would work for everyone, please let us know. I have been trying to get over there to take a look around and see how stable things are over there. I know Mike has taken a lot of pride in what has been created over there. He has worked hard to make UFS work of there and is asking for help in creating things that work over there.

Ok, those are the current standing offers to us. I would ask all of you to seriously consider what is being offered. Please base it on what you feel is the best opportunity for us all. Do not base your opinions on if you like the person making the offer or not. That will not be helpful to the rest of the crew. I want everyone to please sound off and write their personal opinion here please. Josie and I are talking to everyone involved. All of these people have gone out of their way to help us stay a chapter. They each deserve our thanks and respect. I can honestly tell you that we have a great deal of support from the top down. Pathfinder has always welcomed everyone over the year and has earned us friend. Now when we need friends the most, they are coming to us. I want to get us on our feet again and get us moving forward. Please, please read, ask question, and talk. Josie and I will be around to answer what we can. Your other option is to go and find us a sim on your own. Bring us the information so we can research it and offer it to the crew.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Captain Andromeda St John
dana offcourse

Option 2 is out for me, as is 4. It is between 1 and 3. I will be very happy with either. Tranquility is my home. I have my condo there. Their science facilities are great, so is their Astrometrics lab, assuming they stay. Menelaus is a neat ship and the crew have been welcoming.
dana offcourse

This is really re the second of Andi's post. The Admiral has been clear as mud. No ships! However past and present PRF Science Chiefs (Gijs, Jorden, Nabu, I) have used shuttles and especially runabouts to perform various missions, all well documented on the Forum and the Wiki. Let's not forget the Magellan also. Let me also point out that I discovered the Spock Belt in Pinastri VII's atmosphere, using a shuttle. The Spock Belt is part of the official UFS timeline, so as "UFS cannon" as they come. Hence, we can have as many of these small craft as we like or need or want.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Headquarters
Grid: Unknown

This is really re the second of Andi's post. The Admiral has been clear as mud. No ships!
what I was saying is that you can do whatever you want, however for official UFS record keeping its 1 chapter and 1 CO and crew.......thats the only records we keep.......we already have enough administration with just that so we are not going to complicate it with whatever else CO's dream about adding ships and crews and whatnot
dana offcourse

Mike Calhoun wrote:
This is really re the second of Andi's post. The Admiral has been clear as mud. No ships!
what I was saying is that you can do whatever you want, however for official UFS record keeping its 1 chapter and 1 CO and crew.......thats the only records we keep.......we already have enough administration with just that so we are not going to complicate it with whatever else CO's dream about adding ships and crews and whatnot

OK that is acceptable, clear and understandable. Thanks
Zyke Dragoone

I like options 2 and 3. I would say four but I cant move on the UFS grid for some reason.
wraith Fride

[04:17] Stardate Clock HUD v0.93: Current Stardate: 66276.2041

In-coming sub-space communication ;

To : Pathfinder Research Facility

From : USS ABITUS ; LT. Wraith Fride D.M.O. / K.B.O. / K.C.C.

Better the Devil you Know than the Devil you don't .

UFS Tranquility in my opinion would be the wisest choice .

Not the first time any of us has had to double bunk to make things work ; - )

I'm just Saying .

In Service :

USS ABITUS

LT. Wraith Fride D.M.O. / K.B.O. / K.C.C.

End Transmission :

[04:26] Stardate Clock HUD v0.93: Current Stardate: 66276.2219

===========================

Return to “SS Pathfinder Mess Hall”