150926 - "Upgrade"

Starbase Pathfinder is one of UFS’s longest existing commands. It was originally a ground-based command on the surface of Pinastri IV. Starbase Pathfinder is currently under the command of Captain Andromeda St. John who is served onboard Pathfinder since graduating from the Academy on stardate 090516.
If you’re interested in joining the crew Pathfinder or Academy student in which to observe her role play, please contact Commodore Andromeda St. John.

Roleplay Times: Saturdays 9am to 11am SLT
AndromedaStJohn Aeon
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - Pathfinder Research Facility
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Upgrade is the first in a series of RP concerning the Fleet-wide RP begining in October. All information relate to the Fleet-wide RP for Starbase Pathfinder part will be found here.
AndromedaStJohn Aeon
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

The author grants limited use permission to the United Federation Starfleet, of this copyrighted material. United Federation Starfleet may use this material on their websites for the sole purpose of storytelling and role-play. The author does not grant permission to any other person(s) to copy via cut-and-paste, digital print, email, and/or any other form of reproduction and transmission without the express written consent of the author. The author retains all ownership and copyright of written material.

UFS SS-902 STARBASE PATHFINDER MISSION REPORT

Name: Andromeda St John, Captain
Stardate: 150926
MISSION: “Something is in the Water”
Location of Incident: Pinastrii IV
Task Force: Two

SPECIAL GUEST STAR(S)
RANK NAME TITLE POSTING ASSIGNMENT RACE
Rear Admiral Mistwallow, Kermie Chiefs or Fleet Ops UFS CMD Fleet Command Orion
Commander Madadh Windrunner Chief of fleet Ops UFS Command UFS Operations ________________________________________________________________

Station log Stardate 150926, Captain St John reporting…

"I have just received order to proceed to Starfleet Command on Pinastri with my crew to assist in the investigation of an unknown life force that was reported in the ocean off of the coast of the mainland. There have been reports of a new life-form that had been discovered. It seems that this “creature” has attacked tourist in the area. Multiple attempts have been made to capture the creature without success. Due to the fact that Pathfinder has operated an underwater research station in the past, we have been asked to come and assist. I will be issuing orders to prep the research team. My plan is to use the Vox Aura and land on the water to use as a base".

END LOG
Lt Ruaelle Lionheart sat at the helm controls of the Vox Aura as it speeding towards Pinastrii IV. She was going over the landing procedure for a water landing for the seventh time. She was a good helm person and her skill grew each time she got the chance to pilot the ship but… “Why did the Captain pick me to do a water landing?” she wondered for the 50th time. Even though she was part Vulcan, did not mean that she was without worry. At the aft station stood Safiya Reah. They were still recovering from their wounds. Safiya insisted that she come on the mission. The Captain agreed so long as she was on light duty. Reah had been more talkative as of late. Safiya was not sure if that was a good thing or not.

Elsewhere on the ship, Shadow was in the cramped Captain’s quarters, discussing the mission parameters with the Captain. The Captain was back down to her Terran size as she called as the Vox was nowhere close to allowing her to be at her normal size. “I think it would be best to split the crew and search different area of the bay. From the reports that Maddy had forwarded to us, it seem the creature was systematically moving around the bay as if it is searching for something. From the patterns of the past sighting, we can send teams here, here, and there” the Captain said pointing to the aerial map. Shadow agreed, “I presume we are going to attempt to capture this thing alive”? “Yes we are if we can. We are not going to use the Captain Kirk method, ‘We come in peace then shoot to kill’”. I want the research team to determine if this creature was native to Pinastrii and this is the first time we have seem it or if it came elsewhere. If so, maybe we can find it place of origin and return it. It is possible on of the trader vessel brought it in and dumped it in the bay” the Captain stated. “I will check with Semi and Jackery and see how the containment tank is coming along” Shadow said as she keyed in the inquiry onto her PADD. The Captain nodded and ordered them lunch.

They felt it when the Vox dropped out of warp. Within seconds, Kondrad’s voice came over the speakers, Captain to the bridge. We have dropped out of warp and we are coming up on Pinastrii. Andromeda and Shadow left the Captain’s office and headed for the bridge.

On the bridge, Kondrad sat in the command chair overlooking the ship’s readouts. Like most feline species, he was not keen on the whole idea of landing on the water. He preferred solid ground where his paws could make contact with something solid. He heard the hiss of the door and picked up on the scent of the Captain and the XO. He swiveled the chair around to great them. “Good morning Captain, we have arrived. All systems are green and we are ready for a wet landing. Everyone has their life jackets ready just in case”. From the area of the Helm, “I will remember that the next time your environmental controls go out in your quarters. I fear that it may take my teams a few weeks to fix it”. Marc and Herbert snickered at that. From tactical, Safiya spoke up, “Never piss off the Engineer. It’s like pissing off the medical office and they lose your shot records”. Shadow put her hands on her hips, “Why is it no one is ever worried about pissing off the XO”? Andromeda looked at her, “Why is it no one is ever worried about pissing off the Captain”? Everyone just laughed at that and made ready for the landing.

“Marc, clear us with Pinastrii Control and get our landing vector. Ru, begin landing prep” the Captain order. Ru typed in the command as Shadow started her rollcall of the ship’s department. A few minute later, Ru callout, “Captain, all stations report really, the helm person, not so much”. Shadow smiled, “Don’t worry Ru, you will do fine”. Shadow call out, “Engineering, begin venting all plasma. Tactical, take the weapons system offline, Operations, take long range sensors and communications off line”. All of the departments acknowledged the orders. Marc call out, “Pinastrii Control has responded. We have clearance to land, approach vector coming in, routing it to the helm”. Ru acknowledged the receipt of the data. The Captain order “Blue” alert. All around them, the alert system flashed blue and the computer warning of atmosphere it operations were imminent. “Ru, take us down nice and easy”. “Aye, aye Ma’am”. She keyed in the command and the ship changed attitude and began its decent into the atmosphere of Pinastrii IV.

The ship rocked back and forth due to the turbulence of the upper atmosphere. Ru worked the controls and kept the ship under control. She worked the air brake and closed all of the vents. The ship broke through the clouds and there before them was UFS Command. Ru leveled off the ship as they go closer. The Vox banked around the land mass that was Pinastrii and head out to sea in a southerly direction and then banked back toward to Pinastrii largest bay. The ship continued it braking procedure until it got into position and hovered over the spot. She brought the ship down onto the water and shut down. Once the thrusters were shut down, the ship rocked on the water. Semi and Safiya let go their death grip on the consoles. “Marc, Signal Pinastri Control that we have touched down and all is well” said the Captain. Marc made the proper notification. “All stations, secure from flight ops. Research teams, you have two hours to prep”, Shadow ordered. Andromeda stood, stretched and looked at Shadow, “I am going to beam over to command and meet with Maddy. If there is anything you need, let me know”. Shadow replied, “Nope, I am good. I have an allergic reaction to command”. Andromeda smiled and left the bridge and headed towards the transporter room.

A few minute later, they heard the whine of the transporter. Shadow walked over to where Ru still sat not moving. She placed a hand on her shoulder, “Ru, you did a great job, first time landings in water”. Ru smiled up and relaxed a bit. Shadow turned to the crew. Shadow watched as the crew left to get set up for the mission.

Andromeda spent the next hour so with Cmdr. Madadh Windrunner, going over the new LCARS upgrade that will be occurring fleet wide. Cmdr. Windrunner and her team will be traveling back to Starbase Pathfinder with the Vox Aura crew on the way back.

An hour and half later, the whine of the transporter was heard. A few minutes later Captain Andromeda St. John the commander Madadh Windrunner stepped onto the bridge of the Vox Aura. The Captain led Madadh, Maddy as her friends called her, to place where the both of them to get changed into their diving gear for the mission.

30 minutes later...
Everyone had assembled in the shuttle bay of the ship. The crew was split up into teams of two and given different parts the bay to explore. "Remember, this mission is about locating and observing this unknown life form. If possible I'd like to have this life form captured alive. That means all weapon set the stunned and remember to use nonlethal force. Once you have the lifeforms spotted, contact incident Safiya Reah and report your location and status. The rest the teams will come to your location and assist". Cmdr. Jackery Toocool asked, "What if the creature attacks us"? "As I stated, use nonlethal force" said the Captain.

As soon as everybody got into position and had their portable life-support system online, the shuttle bay was flooded with sea water in the ventral doors were opened. Everyone dropped into the water and then swam to their prospective locations.
Lt. Ruaelle Lionheart and ENS Semi Achasse went off in a southeasterly direction. Cmdr. Marc Seven in Lieutenant Commander Herbert Glenfadden swam off the southwesterly direction. Cmdr. Kondrad Highland & Cmdr. Jackery Toocool took off towards the north section of the bay. Lt. Col. Shadow McConach and Lt. Mika Pearl swam off in a north easterly direction. This left Captain St. John and Cmdr. Windrunner to swim off in a north westerly direction.

Ru and her partner swam into a clearing and discovered a group of giant jellyfish like creatures bobbing up and down in the water. The creatures seem to be unaware of their presence and continue to follow up and down quietly without making any threatening movements. Ru activated her commune it on her wrist force turn on the microphone inside her home it. "Lionheart to Vox Aura, my partner and I have located what appears to be giant jellyfish at our current location. I do not recall seeing this type of life form in the database. It is possible that this could be what we’re looking for". From the tactical station on board the Vox Aura, Safiya did a quick scan of the area and located Ru and her partner in the jellyfish like lifeforms. She then relayed Ru's message to the rest of the scientific team and gave each of them Ru's current location. As Semi was scanning a nearby creature, is swam over to her possibly out of curiosity and watch her movements carefully. Semi was so focused on her track where readings that she did not see its tentacles snake out and gently wrap around her waist. Keeping her Vulcan calm she looked up to see to pair of eyes looking over her. The creature did nothing more other than to turn semi around and even upside down as if it was inspecting her. On her communication system, she heard Jackery asked her if she needs assistance. She replied in her usual Vulcan calm "The creature does not appear to be acting aggressively rather, it appears to be inspecting me. At this time it has not made any aggressive moves towards me".
AndromedaStJohn Aeon
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

The author grants limited use permission to the United Federation Starfleet, of this copyrighted material. United Federation Starfleet may use this material on their websites for the sole purpose of storytelling and role-play. The author does not grant permission to any other person(s) to copy via cut-and-paste, digital print, email, and/or any other form of reproduction and transmission without the express written consent of the author. The author retains all ownership and copyright of written material.

UFS SS-902 STARBASE PATHFINDER MISSION REPORT

Stardate: 150926
MISSION: “Something is in the Water” Part 2
Location of Incident: Pinastrii IV

SPECIAL GUEST STAR(S)
RANK NAME TITLE POSTING ASSIGNMENT RACE
Rear Admiral Mistwallow, Kermie Chiefs or Fleet Ops UFS CMD Fleet Command Orion
Commander Madadh Windrunner Chief of fleet Ops UFS Command UFS Operations

About this time, the other scientific teams were arriving at her location. Kondrad and Mika had taken up flanking positions and while they did not draw their weapons, they had them at the ready at the first sign of trouble. The creature looked up from inspecting Semi and upon seeing similar lifeforms some into their area, released Semi and swam back to the rest of its pod. The researchers fanned out around the jellyfish like pod and began to take scans of his DNA, intelligence, and the overall health of each jellyfish like creature that was present.

They had been there for approximately 30 minutes when a muffled sound came over the com system. "...St John to the Vox Aura, ... Trouble, life-support system damage". Safiya did a quick scan for the Captain's calm beacon and relayed the information to Lt. Col. Shadow McConach. Shadow ordered the Marine and security detail to follow her and they swam to the Captain's location.

As they swam towards the Captain's location beacon, Safiya came over the speakers stating "Col. McConach, I'm detecting the energy pulse at the Captain's location. It's affecting my scanners". Shadow asked for clarification. Safiya described what it happened "it's weird, one moment they were there, the there was an energy pulse in the Captain and Cmdr. Windrunner momentarily disappear from my screen. Now showing them back in the previous position I had them in earlier". "Keep an eye on them and let me know. The other energy pulses from the location McConach out" said Shadow.

When the team arrived at the Captain's position, they found three very alien looking lifeforms to which was holding the Captain and Maddie. The creatures resembled a giant Terran octopus but, each of these head to large yellow eyes and what appeared to be a beak of some kind on the side of the head. One creature had tentacles wrapped around the Captain's extremities and throat. In the creature was doing the same with Cmdr. Windrunner. Both Captain St. John and Cmdr. Windrunner appeared to be limp and that moving. Cmdr. Highland pulled out his tricorder and scanned the two Starfleet officers. Safiya spoke up "Vox Aura to away team, sensors show that the Captain's life-support system will fail in less than 60 seconds while Cmdr. Windrunner's life-support system will fail in 75 seconds". Jackery took aim with his phasor rifle and fired a warning shot at the creature holding the Captain. The two creatures holding the Starfleet officers began to squeeze tighter and started swam away. The third creature started to move towards Jackery in aggressive action.

All at once, the research team level there phasers and fired on the third creature. At first, the creature did not slow but appeared to speed up towards Jackery. The team open fired again and this time the creature appeared to slow down and then went limp and sank to the bottom. The team will then swam after the other two and eventually cornered them against the rock wall. By this time both life-support units had gone from a steady flashing red to a solid red indicating that both units had failed. Shadow contacted Safiya on the Vox Aura and ordered her to lock onto the Captain in the Cmdr. and be done directly to the ship. Within a few seconds Andromeda and Maddie and portions of the creatures tentacles disappeared in a transporter matrix. The two creatures began to emit an ear piercing sound as large amount of blood began to use from the stomps with a transporter beam had slice them off with a two officers were beamed out. Both the creatures began to thrash about in the move towards the research team. The research team fired on the creatures in defense. Just as creatures were about to reach them, both creatures disappeared in a halo of phased energy.

Both Kondrad and Jackery had increase the power of the phasor rifles and disintegrated both creatures. Shadow turned to look at the two officers and said "The Captain had ordered heavy stun and wanted the creatures alive". Kondrad replied "I realize that however I made a judgment call we can the safety of this team. Besides, we still have the third with its unconscious behind us". Shadow gave them thumbs up indicating that she understood and dropped the matter. "Mika, I what you stay here with Ru and Semi and go back and take the other creature into custody and transported into a containment on the Vox Aura. The rest of us are going to be back and get the Captain and Cmdr. to medical". She then signaled Safiya to be in her in the rest of the away team back to the ship.

Once you back to the ship Safiya had informed them that she is already been them to Starfleet medical. "When they got here the sensors show that there close to coding. Eye contact the Starfleet medical and advice to be done directly to the emergency medical pad there. The last word I got is that there are being taken to the ER in there trying to stabilize them". Shadow along with Marc, Herbert, Kondrad and Jackery stepped up onto the transporter pad were Shadow ordered them to be beam directly to Starfleet medical. Safiya's fingers flew over the keyboard and within seconds the team was gone.

An hour Later...
Andromeda and Maddie both were sitting up on their beds in a semiprivate room. Both officers appeared to be weak and groggy and were having a hard time focusing. Also present in the room was Adm. Mistwallow, Shadow and Marc. The admirals question them as to what it happened and they were able to identify the creatures. Shadow spoke up "We are not sure what they are as of yet. We have one of them captured in a containment tank on board our ship the other two we unfortunately had to destroy as they were mortally wounded when our people were beamed out of their grasp. I had never seen creatures like this before and according to the zoological databanks they've never been catalogued before. The only thing that we can surmise at this point is that the creatures are not native to Pinastrii IV". The Adm. nodded his head turned and walked out of the room.

Shadow assisted the Captain out of her wetsuit while Marc assisted the commander. Once there out of the wetsuits Marc politely exited the room to leave the three women alone. Both Andromeda and Maddie took turns taking a shower and dressed in hospital pajamas and crawled back into bed. The local doctor had ordered the two women to be confined to their rooms until more tests have been completed. "It appears that the creatures injected both of you was some sort of neural lytic toxin which paralyze both of you. Also, they found that both of your brain patterns had been altered. They want to keep you here until they can figure what had happened to the both of you" said Shadow. Maddie just laid back and smiled "That's fine with me; this is the first vacation I've had in years". Shadow was surprised when Andromeda agreed with Maddie sentiment and actually appeared to relax in her hospital bed and went to sleep. “I guess that toxin did more to the Captain then we expected. I have never seen the Captain relax in sickbay before”, Shadow quietly left the room and left to the two officers to recover.

END REPORT
AndromedaStJohn Aeon
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

UFS SS-002 PATHFINDER RESEARCH STATION MISSION OUTLINE

Stardate: 151002
Mission: “Upgrade”
Location of Incident: PRS

Captain Log Stardate, 151002, St John reporting

After spending a few days in sickbay on Pinastri IV, UFS Command, Commander Madadh Windrunner and I along with the research team from PRS, will be returning to PRS on the Vox Aura. CMDR Windrunner will be working with the Operations and Engineering teams to upgrade PRS main computers. Science and Medical teams will be working in the science labs to work on determining the origins of the creature that attacked us on Pinastrii. Clear, it has some intelligence and it is obviously not from Pinastrii. Due to the danger, I will be assigning security to be posted with the research teams.

Another matter requires my attention. Safiya Read, the Trill security officer, is now und investigation from the Trill Symbiont Commission. She is being charged with purposefully endangering her Symbiont on the undercover mission that I sent her and Civilian specialist Shayera Amaha on a few months ago. During their escape, she was shot by a bladed projectile and her Symbiont was nearly killed. The TSC is sending an agent to investigate her action during the mission. After which, she may be ordered to leave Starfleet. Her senior officer, CMDR Kondrad Hyland maybe called in to testify on her behalf.

END

Return to “SS Pathfinder”