The Voyages Of The USS Grampian

The Ournal Class space dock can support up to eight Sovereign Class vessels, and up to twenty four smaller ships. Tranquility is a huge show of Starfleet strength as well as a safe haven and a place to repair starships. It also provides staging areas for many freighters and transport vessels.

The giant sensor towers and the forest of antennae allow the facility to scan for light-years around the area of the station. Non-Starfleet endeavours are welcome at Tranquility. Retail and office space along with cargo holds and numerous holodecks are available. Tranquility provides transporter service and trade arbitration if necessary.

Tranquility also has a significant tourist trade, by virtue of its role as gateway to the Pinastri Sector. Advanced medical and scientific research facilities can be found on Tranquility. The only limit regarding missions is the imagination of its commander.

Roleplay Times: Alpha Shift - Sundays 10am - 12pm SLT
Beta Shift - Fridays 11pm - 1am SLT
Commanding Officer: Rich Lombardia
Executive Officer: Jorden Allen

Moderators: Rich Lombardia, Jorden Allen, Rich Lombardia, Jorden Allen, Rich Lombardia, Jorden Allen

Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post: Security Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquility
Grid: 001 Second Life

I have an idea in mind that will require some feedback from UFS members as I feel this would work better with said feedback than in doing it all myself, even though I am used to doing as such since it's part and package of being a writer.
The idea I have is to make a UFS created Federation ship in Star Trek Online, I'm thinking a Tier 6 Luna class as I recently unlocked that after completing a series of events so the ship is all ready to go. The feedback comes in all these aspects:

The name of the ship, it needs to be something sensible and fitting, not some silly name that I'll detest since I'll be one doing all the work on this for however long it will take me.

The name of the captain - I prefer to play as female since playing as male is painful for me. I have some name ideas but if there are any others then I'll take them into consideration.

The species of the captain - Human, Klingon, Trill, Betazoid, fully customisable alien although that can be awkward to make to be honest so I prefer to go with the pre-made species, Vulcan, Catian, Cardassian, Bajorian and some others. Each species has their own traits.

Her bridge crew and what species are preferred, as I have unlocked so many crew types from ex-Borg to Android and more then there's some options there. If an all female bridge crew is wanted for example then that's easy enough.

Class of character - Engineering - This class is pretty much the tank class, with engineering skills a ship can hold out and take a lot of punishment, the Miracle Worker skill is a life saver in a tough situation. On ground an Engineering character can make use of turrets, mines as well as equipment and shield repairs.

Science - More of a healer class, they can make use of support and kinetic skills like Gravity Well and Typhon Rift, while not as strong in firepower as a Tactical class and not as tough as an Engineering class they can fairly turn the tide in a battle with a well timed Gravity Well strike that can give you as many clumped up targets as possible to inflict damage on.
On ground they can use medical skills and science skills, the Medical Tricorder skill for example can help to try and keep the team in the fight longer.

Tactical - This class is more of a warrior class, while not very good at holding out in a fight for very long since Tactical class ships can be glass cannons they can be a force to be reckoned with once fully kitted out and bringing major hurt, especially with a team to back them up.
On ground they can deliver some serious firepower along with skills like grenades and Security Team that can deliver some pretty strong damage.
An Engineering class in a Tactical ship for example can turn that ship into a fearsome opponent that can hold out and bring the pain, as long as they aren't overwhelmed.

The T6 Luna class is a Science class ship, she's also got some Tactical elements in her while her Engineering aspects aren't as good as say a Galaxy class or the Narendra class tank style ship, it can still give it's all with the right skill set and equipment.
I've fought aside a few in the past several months and they've been a great ally in some tough fights.

So that's where the UFS member feedback comes in.

As it will take me a little time to scrape together the funds to buy the zen for some new character slots then that should allow time for everyone to come up with a ship name, the species and name of the captain, suggestions for her bridge crew and what class you want me to have the captain be.
I can write all the captain's logs, any crew logs if any ideas appear, provide screenshots as each mission is done and write out detailed bios, well as detailed as able anyway. I've done this kind of thing before and it was pretty fun, keeping notes was hard going at times but I enjoyed it and was sad to end the original project too soon.
My own basic suggestions are:

Tyra Kingsley - Human female - Engineer - Previously from the 23rd century, was presumed dead after helping Starfleet ships to escape to safety, was sent to the 25th century just as she and her crew were killed.
Tyra only really joined Starfleet because it was either that or life stuck on a dying farming colony where all of their equipment had been destroyed by a violent plasma storm and the ground rendered unsuitable for farming on the fringes of Federation space, at that time. Her family had died trying to keep her alive and a Starfleet ship arrived too late to be of any help but to evacuate the few survivours.

After her rescue she wanted to work towards improving offworld farming efforts through engineering in the hopes of preventing such a tragedy from ever happening again.

Lina Casi - Human female - Science - A former Borg who was liberated following the collapse of the transwarp hub when Voyager returned home, it took her time to find herself as she slowly regained her humanity. It has been found that her aging has been slowed by prolonged exposure to the Borg energy field, her abrupt disconnection to the Hive mind has left some side effects.
She joins Starfleet out of a need to be part of something instead of the aching loneliness left by no longer being part of the Hive mind.

That's two of my ideas anyway. Any others are quire welcome, just please don't be super silly with the ideas as I'm the one who will be creating the character in full, fleshing them out and role playing them.

I'll also be writing small short stories to help flesh her out and her crew inbetween story arcs, writing is hard work after all and I am struggling with stress related burn out but determined to make this work even if it takes me time. I am aching to write.

So let's hear people's ideas and suggestions, hopefully this can work out well and provide a fully UFS created Star Trek Online ship that could used as an NPC ship for any UFS role plays if desired and needed.
Last edited by Reina Beaumont on 211015.0610, edited 3 times in total.
"Never underestimate a woman who was trained to survive by whatever means" - Reina Beaumont

"The uniform says nothing of the actual person wearing it, the uniform is merely a uniform, the person is the one actually doing their job" - Reina Beaumont

SB: Director of the School of Beta Quadrant Cultures - SS Alexandria

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

These are each of the Luna class variations in Star Trek Online, they can be mixed and matched if preferred or have only one design. No matter the design the ship is still the same in regards of it's capabilities.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Luna_Reconn ... nce_Vessel
"Never underestimate a woman who was trained to survive by whatever means" - Reina Beaumont

"The uniform says nothing of the actual person wearing it, the uniform is merely a uniform, the person is the one actually doing their job" - Reina Beaumont

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

I've got the new character slots ready to go, now to make the new character. I've not received any feedback and suggestions on how the character should be in regards of her species, character class, name and bridge crew so looks like I'll be making the choices and creating her in full.

I've decided to go with making her a temporal agent as there is a current event with making one, this entails the character originally being from the 2260s and she ends up in the early 25th century a little later in the prologue missions. She starts with a ship from that era and will progress to the T6 Luna class upon arrival in the 25th century.
This will generate a series of challenges and rewards that are unlocked through progress throughout the game.
This does limit the species choices but that's fine.

I'm considering that she'll be an Engineer class, this should help the T6 Luna class to have a stronger chance of survival in a tough team fleet operation once she reaches max level and can start doing those. I'm also considering a lot of her bridge crew being holograms and andriods with some biological crew as I've got a good few bridge crew options unlocked.
I've not had any ideas for the name of her ship so I might go with a random name selection and see what fits.

I'm hoping to fully get started soon.

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

And now the project starts slowly, this is Maira, she's a Starfleet officer, human, in the 2260s. I'll do more over time, this is just the very beginning of what's to be done. Her current assignment is to be part of a team investigating the disappearance of a science ship at Taurus 2.

For some reason I can't post images on this site, it keeps having tantrums when I try to post anything. That will make doing this project impossible as a lot of images will be required and Imgur refuses to cooperate with me.
I'll have to see if I can come up with a solution that's more workable.

https://www.deviantart.com/reinahw/art/ ... -894037086

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

And now It begins in full - https://www.deviantart.com/reinahw/art/ ... -931128604

Mission 1: 'I Sing Of Arms'

First Officer log, Lieutenant Maira Deerson reporting:

The USS Grampian has been assigned to to Taurus 2 to investigate the disappearance of a science ship, Captain Issac Garret is in command.

Due to ion interference in the atmosphere we have had to take a shuttle craft down to the surface. Ensign Tarsi joins the away team before we head down. Ensign Mears also joins the away team, she originally served on the USS Enterprise and was on the team that had originally crashed on Taurus 2 previously, she is reluctant to be returning but is willing to lend a hand and her experiences.

Taking the shuttlecraft Copernicus down to the surface, we split into two teams and begin searching for any survivors from the science ship.
We find a survivor, a Doctor Phineas Grogan, in a crashed ship, the science ship crash landed on the surface as well. We were attacked by a native of the planet who killed our Security officer who was with us in the team.

We manage to find more survivors and deliver the surviving supplies, we then try to teach the survivors how to use a phaser in order to defend themselves from the native people.
The native Taurian people attack again, Ensign Mears manages to survive but it looks like her team may not have been so lucky.
Getting the survivors to the wreckage, we set up a defensive perimeter and prepare to stand our ground. We manage to use an idea that Mears mentioned Commander Scott doing when she was last on the planet with a team from the Enterprise, we electrified the hull of the wreckage which forced the attacking natives to flee.

It turned out that Mears' team have been taken hostage, with luck we can rescue them and return to the ship. Tarsi suggested using our tricorders to track heat signatures in the search for the hostages while Mears helped the survivors to the shuttle.

We found the remaining away team members and stunned a native chief in the process which forces the Taurians to flee. We run into some Klingons on the way back to the shuttle, why are they here though? However the Klingons aren't up for talking and attack us immediately.

We find a Klingon PADD and after Tarsi unlocks it we learn that the science ship crashing here wasn't an accident but caused by the Klingons who have been luring and attacking ships in this sector.
We return to the shuttle while dealing with more attacking Klingons along the way, we successfully return to the shuttle and return to the ship with no farther losses.
However the ship comes under attack from Klingons and we're boarded. We successfully repel the boarders before they can destroy the ship from within. We are contacted by Captain Kor who demands us to surrender but seems to be more up for fighting.

We begin the task of destroying the Klingon beacons that have been luring ships to the system as well as dealing with any Klingon ships that attack in the process.
We come across a freighter in trouble during this and do our best to render assistance. A Klingon ship attacks us as we render aid, after dealing with the Klingons we help the freighter to restore power and escape.

We receive a hail from the Enterprise requesting aid as the Klingons are attacking her, so of course we lend a hand.
We manage to disable the Klingon ship with the aid of the Enterprise, the Klingons retreat from the system.

We are given an order to return to Earth Starbase, upon arrival I am called to see Captain Garret. On the way I meet up with the Enterprise brew who are also at the Starbase. It turns out that the captain has been promoted to Admiral and I've been assigned to take command of the USS Grampian.

End log.
Last edited by Reina Beaumont on 220928.0658, edited 1 time in total.

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

https://www.deviantart.com/reinahw/art/ ... -894141308

Mission 2: In The Shadow Of Cestus

Captain's Log:

We have been assigned to the Edran 4 system to render aid to a team there as part of the diplomatic efforts to mineral rights on the planet. The talks are pretty tense so Starfleet wants them to go without a hitch
We arrived to find that the Gorn had already arrived and the USS Zhang He was keeping an eye on them, thankfully the Gorn only scanned us and didn't open fire. It's a start.
We approached the planet and beamed down an Engineering team to assist the team on the surface. We also picked up energy signatures on the planet so we took a closer orbit to get better readings. Seems the readings may have been a false alarm, or so we thought.

I went down with an away team to the planet surface. Upon arrival on the surface we met with an Ensign Skarvin from the Starfleet Corp Of Engineers. After the introductions we started with taking mineral readings.
Just as we finished taking the mineral readings there was sudden mortar fire and the Gorn attacked, it seems one of the Gorn ships in orbit has suddenly exploded and they are blaming Starfleet for the explosion, the ship has gone into red alert while we try to deal with things on the surface.

We had to make a makeshift bomb using the minerals on the surface in order to create a route back to the camp before the Gorn could capture the science team.
We managed to get back to the camp and saved the science team in time, we helped the team to the shuttle so that they could return to the Zhang He and we returned to the ship.
Upon returning to the ship we helped the Zhang He with repairs as they had been damaged by the Gorn and it looks like more are on their way, we were attacked by a Gorn ship just as we started to help the Zhang He and we were able to force them to retreat.

As the Zhang He repairs went underway we investigated the debris of the Gorn ship that was destroyed, it seems that there are unusual readings coming from it. It seems to have been destroyed with a single precision hit, whoever attacked them knew exactly where to hit. Sensors picked up an anomaly matching the readings, we proceeded to investigate.
Our investigation found that the readings were Romulan, it looks like the Romulans had attacked and destroyed the Gorn ship. The Gorn ship from earlier attacked again and we were able to disable them, they hailed us and we tried to give them the facts about the attack.

Skarvin suggested using a charged particle burst to force the Romulans to decloak, it worked beautifully and three Romulan ships decloaked.
After a short talk the Romulans opened fire on the Gorn ship and we provided assistance to the Gorn against them, we succeeded and the Gorn stopped their attack now that they were satisfied with the truth about the attack.

Maybe one day relations between the Federation and the Gorn might improve considerably, maybe. Only time will tell there.

Log Ends.

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

https://www.deviantart.com/reinahw/art/ ... -894236182

Mission 3: Painful Omens

We have been assigned to investigate the sudden loss of communications from Deep Space Station K-13 in the Deneva system.
Upon arriving at the station and not receiving any replies to communication attempts, we approached the station and came under attack from the Starfleet ships stationed in the area. We were able to disable them and continued our approach to the station.
We finally got a reply to our hails, something seems to be have taken control of the people in the system.

We beamed over to the station and noted that there seems to have been a fight on the station but the weapons fire seems to have come from Federation weapons and no other species.
We headed to the nearest room, Sickbay, and were introduced to a medical officer, a Vulcan named T'Met, she has been studying the cause behind what's been happening. Some kind of neural parasite previously encountered by the Enterprise crew.
After proving to T'Met that we weren't infected by the parasites she joined our team and we managed to contact someone else, Commander Scott who is currently on the station.
We provided to his location while stunning any infected crew along the way, hopefully they can be treated later as soon as the parasites are dealt with.
We met up with Scotty in Engineering, he and T'Met suggested rigging a UV light system to deal with the parasites.

We made it to main Engineering with Scotty making repairs to any auxiliary controls along the way, however we found that someone had overridden the command codes and we couldn't bring the UV lights online. Scotty offered to remaining behind in Main Engineering while we headed to the Command Deck to see if we can bring the UV lights on there.
We got to the Command Deck and after stunning the commanding officer there, we managed to activate the UV lights which neutralised the parasites. We came under attack from an unknown alien race who seemed to be monitoring the situation, they weren't happy at our efforts to deal with the parasites.

It also turned out that Ensign Hunter, who had been with the crew since Taurus 2 wasn't who we thought he was, he called himself Daniels and claimed to be from the far future, he was here in our time to fight some kind of temporal war and the species that had attacked us are called the Na'Kuhl and are one of the main threats of the war.
He asked for our help in stopping the Na'Kuhl from getting their hands on the parasites, his plan is to deal with the parasites on the infected Starfleet ships that we had disabled earlier and do what we can to disable the attacking Na'Kuhl ship but we were seriously outmatched technologically. This could be a tough fight without some serious help.
We returned to the ship regardless to see what we can do to help the other ships and to try and do our best against the Na'Kuhl.

We were able to help the other ships and informed them of the situation. With sheer luck we were able to defeat the Na'Kuhl ship but a new problem arose, the destruction of the Na'Kuhl ship has resulted in some kind of spatial anomaly that is pulling K-13 into itself, we rushed to evacuate the station crew. We managed to beam aboard as many people as we could but we were unable to rescue everyone, the remaining crew along with the station were pulled into the anomaly.
As the station was pulled into what Scotty believes was a temporal anomaly then they'll have appeared in another time, maybe someone will find out exactly what happened to the station and her remaining crew at some point.

With the system returning to normal now that the parasites were dealt with and the Na'Kuhl ship destroyed we left the system, Scotty got a lift from another ship back to the Enterprise and I submitted my report to Starfleet Command.
We did all we could, it's a shame that we couldn't have been able to do more.

Log Ends.

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

https://www.deviantart.com/reinahw/art/ ... -894536802

Mission 4: Return to Babel

We have been assigned to the Babel system to deal with a hostage situation involving Coridian rebels who have taken Federation officials hostage with a demand that the Federation leaves the Coridian system.
Just as we arrived at Babel and were about to begin our assignment, Daniels asked to see me in order to explain some things. It turns out that he's some kind of temporal agent tasked with ensuring that the time lines aren't disrupted by outside forces aiming to disrupt those time lines as the current situation really wasn't supposed to be happening.
It appears that the Na'Kuhl are here to disrupt events pertaining to the Babel Conference that the USS Enterprise was part of previously, Daniels wants me and my crew's help to stop them from changing things. And it looks like we'll be having the assistance of a Chekov of the future, his uniform looks different but he looks maybe forty or fifty years older than the last time I saw him.

Guess weird really is part of the job.

The assignment started with being transported to 2268, I was to head to the bridge to see if I can track down the Na'Kuhl by adjusting the sensors to track their lifesigns. Captain Chekov of the future wanted me to be careful since his younger self would be on the bridge. Got to love Temporal Mechanics.
After recalibrating the sensors on the bridge, I proceeded down to the conference room to run some scans of the delegates as careful as I could so not to rouse any suspicions. One of the delegates left so I tailed them and scanned them, no problems found though. I returned to Captain Chekov who was waiting for me in the armoury.

He was still picking up unusual readings and wanted to check a junction that seemed suspicious. When we arrived there we found a Na'Kuhl and sadly the body of Ambassador Gav, who had previously been talking to Ambassador Sarak while I had been running scans of the Delegates, there was nothing we could do for the ambassador.

Chekov mentioned that Kirk was going to be attacked soon, it had happened and was going to happen, we had to be sure that it happened as it had before and to ensure that the Na'Kuhl didn't make it a fatal one.
We got to Kirk in time, the Na'Kuhl were already there and it looked like the Captain had been in a fight with an Andorian, we managed to stablise the Captain before he bled out and proceeded with our mission.

We headed down to Engineering where we found Commander Scott trying to defuse a rather advanced looking bomb, likely Na'Kuhl. Chekov explained, after Scotty remarked that it was strange to see Chekov looking as old as he was and after remarking at seeing me and my crew when he had seen us last at somewhere called Drozana Station which we haven't been to yet.
Scotty asked us to help keep the Enterprise together while we also worked on defusing the bomb, we succeeded in doing just that and beamed over to the attacking Orion ship with the bomb as Captain Chekov was adamant that the Orion had to be destroyed.

Me and Captain Chekov beamed over and planted the bomb on the Orion ship, once successful we had Daniels beam us back to his Temporal Ready Room. Mission successful, we kept the timeline secure.
We were returned to our respective times after a briefing from Daniels, I doubt this will be the last time that me and my crew will be doing missions like this.

Log End.

Access Service Jacket
Heather Wagenknecht
Duty Post: UFS Marine Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Nimbus
Grid: 002

For a ship name why not the USS Durant since it is our Luna class ship
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

I would rather not do that, I would prefer to keep the ship separate from what the group already has in regards of names. I had hoped to put a poll up but whenever I try I'm not provided with the option. I'm not at the point yet for the new T6 ship, I'm two missions away from getting it for the character.
So if there are any other names in mind within the next two days I'll see which one is the most liked and go with that.

Names I have in mind myself are:

USS Sparks - Slight adjustment of the name of a 1980s Go-Bot I received earlier in the year as a gift
USS Tempus Ipsum - Latin for Time Engineer
Or sticking with the name her current ship has, the USS Grampian

If there are any other name considerations then great, I'm eager for feedback to help fully develop the character, hew crew and the ship more. I'm still to write her bio as soon as I can finish the finer points and see if the ideas gel together just right.

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

https://www.deviantart.com/reinahw/art/ ... -894646791

Mission 5: Tangled Webs

We were tasked to help with a problem concerning the Tholians and increasing tensions with them, we were to head to an area tagged as Unsurveyed Territory and to render any assistance required to a Starfleet task force.
According to Daniels there shouldn't be any tensions with the Tholians in our current time, he believed that there may have been some interference from an outside threat, likely the Na'Kuhl. So that meant a little more time travel to ascertain the threat and restore the time line.

We arrived back in 2268 to find the Tholians in battle and the USS Defiant caught in the crossfire, Daniels believes that the Na'Kuhl have instigated the attack and trying to pin the blame on the Federation. We had to set this right.

Defiant's captain contacted us and informed us that they had arrived to find the Tholians in battle, they were fired upon before they could get any farther information on who the attackers were.
We helped the Defiant to fight off the Na'Kuhl attackers and beamed over to the surviving Tholian captial ship to deal with the borders there. We had to wear EV suits as the environment on the Tholian ship was too hot for anyone but the Tholians, never been the biggest fan of EV suits myself.

We beamed over once everyone was suited up and dealt with the boarders as quickly as possible, we found that they were attempting to set off the ship's self destruct which we were able to prevent in time.
We dealt with the last of the boarders but the Tholian Queen we helped wasn't willing to hear us out, they found it hard to believe that we would fight others like ourselves. Their people's views towards other races made it hard to convince her otherwise.

More attackers were on the way and we offered to help her in fighting them off, my hope was that she could see that we sincere in helping her and that we weren't the same as those attacking the fleet.
We beamed back to the ship and worked with the Defiant to fend off the Na'Kuhl while the Tholian Queen sent word to her people about the attack, our efforts proved to her that we were there to help, not harm. The Defiant was damaged during the fight though and in clear shot of a Na'Kuhl dreadnought that was trying to destroy the Tholian captial ship.

After sending the message to their people the Tholian ship rammed into the Na'Kuhl dreadnought, destroying both ships but the Defiant was caught in the shockwave and disabled, our scans showed that she was beginning to phase in and out of our space time, we tried to help but Daniels insisted that we had to let this happen as this was supposed to happen and we had to let it happen.
We had to leave them to their fate, it was a cruel thing to do but we couldn't interfere with what had to be.

Log End.

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

https://www.deviantart.com/reinahw/art/ ... -894855003

Mission 6: The Battle Of Caleb IV

We were dispatched to the Caleb system to rendezvous with a Starfleet task force, the Klingons were massing a large battle ready fleet close to the system. Our mission was to stop them by whatever means. Daniels believed that the Na'Kuhl may take advantage of the situation to change the outcome of the battle, whatever that outcome was.
Part of me felt that things were going to change considerable for myself and my crew in this battle, a strong gut feeling. Maybe it was fatalistic but I was sure that we weren't going to get out of the battle alive.

We arrived at the Caleb system where we rendezvoused with the fleet, the Klingons were attacking a subspace relay and as we outnumbered them we chased them down with the intention on chasing them out of the system.
We chased after the ones that clearly weren't going to back down without a fight only to find ourselves surrounded when the bulk of the Klingon fleet decloaked around us and destroyed several of our ships before we could react.
Daniels picked up a temporal reading on a Klingon ship and felt it best that we investigate, we believed that it was the Na'Kuhl. He adjusted the transporters to allow us to beam aboard to find out what was going on.
Upon beaming aboard Tarsi suggested placing photon charges around the Klingon ship so we got to work. After setting the charges we looked for the tractor beam controls and came across Kor with some Na'Kuhl, he was talking to someone who may have been a hologram communication, it was hard to fully see. After they talked me and my team faced Kor who wasn't happy to see us, he was expecting Kirk after all, not us.

We forced Kor to retreat while we dealt with his personal guard and his Na'Kuhl guests, we returned to the ship and let the charges do their work. Once the tractor beam was taken offline we proceeded to free the remaining ships of our fleet, once that was done they retreated from the system while we bought them time by keeping the Klingons busy.
We were outnumbered and surrounded though, after the remaining ships from the fleet warped out of the system we did our best to slow the Klingons down knowing that our chances of survival were zero.

The ship took a serious beating, our systems were failing, crew were dying and we kept fighting. We gave the Klingons a good fight and died in the process, maybe they sang songs about the battle. About a lone Starfleet ship and her crew giving their all.

We died, the ship was destroyed with all hands.

Log Ends.
Last edited by Reina Beaumont on 211014.0647, edited 1 time in total.

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

https://www.deviantart.com/reinahw/art/ ... -894855456

New century, new ship, new lives technically:

At least according to the history books, Daniels pulled the ship and surviving crew out of time at the last moment and recruited us to be temporal agents. We under went a rather intensive re-training and acclimation process to bring us up to speed about the events that had happened since our sacrifice, our task is to work with the Starfleet of the early 25th century with the threats they face and to bring an end to this Temporal War as best we can.

I met with an Admiral Quinn after meeting with another temporal agent called Philip Cray who assigned us a new ship and ordered us to try and blend in as our ship and uniforms were almost a hundred and sixty years out of date.
While I was working with Skavin and Tarsi on getting our new ship ready, Muta handed me her resignation, she didn't feel that she could manage in the Fleet after everything that had happened. She had briefly joined our crew before the battle at Caleb IV, I respected her feelings on the matter and approved her resignation. This left me with Tarsi, T'Met and Skavin.
Skavin asked if he could no longer go on any away team missions, he wanted to stay back on the ship and learn more about 25th century Starfleet technology while learning how to use it. T'Met was indifferent to the whole thing, as expected, while Tarsi was rather quiet. She had taken the news of our being sent into the future a little hard, she misses her family deeply. I'm sure she'll do her best but I have a feeling that she might leave the ship eventually.

It's going to take a long time to adapt to living in this century so I can't blame anyone who decides to resign.
An officer who was liberated from something called the Borg Collective near a decade ago was assigned to the ship, I felt her expertise in Engineering would help Skavin out and he was eager for their assistance. We have also been approved to have holographic crew as and when we have any room for them, I chose a hologram of a woman who used to serve in the Fleet in the 2250s and died during the war we had with the Klingons in that time. Her Tactical program could be useful.

We'll be ready to ship out soon, whatever waits for us out there will be quite the adventure indeed. It has been suggested that we go out to a few nearby systems as a patrol as soon as we're ready, Skavin feels that we can be ready in a few hours as the ship was already prepared, she just needed some last minute checks and upgrades to her systems which are almost finished. He supports the idea of testing her in the field as soon as they're done so we'll get that done before proceeding with our next mission.

Log Ends.

From this point I'll be limiting each mission to once every two days and taking breaks on weekends so to try and avoid burnout. I didn't have much time on Wednesday to do The Battle Of Caleb IV and get the new USS Grampian and her crew kitted out due to maintenance happening earlier than usual. I'll do the next mission tomorrow and resume next Monday with the mission after that being next Wednesday. I'll do any patrols to help with additional XP gain and only mention them offhand, I'll do any TFO's when they reach max level and gradually upgrade the ship and crew equipment bit by bit without little to no mention beyond offhand mentions in mission logs.
I'm still working on some ideas for a short story and Maira's bio, I'm hoping to get that done soon.

I welcome any feedback on how it's going so far, it's exhausting but I'm enjoying it and it's giving me something to do that I can do within my strengths.

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

Maira Nia Deerson bio -

Human female, transgender, sexuality unknown.
Engineer Class

Born on a Federation farming colony in the mid 2240s and assigned male at birth before being able to begin her social transition when her self awareness kicked in and she made it very clear to her parents that she was a girl, one of Maira Nia Deerson's earliest memories is being found over the bodies of her parents who had died keeping her alive after an environmental disaster on the colony world destroyed the soil and rendered it unsuitable for farming.
This was followed by the technology they had beginning to fail, the leader of the colony was able to send a distress call but by the time a Federation ship arrived all but a handful of the colonists had died from starvation, Maira was found crying over the body of her parents who had died just as a Federation ship entered orbit. She was three years old and her parents had done all they could to ensure she would survive by giving up their limited remaining food to keep her alive.

Maira was taken in by her mother's sister who blamed her sister's death on on her sister's husband since he had insisted on them making a life on the colony. Maira was cared for and raised by her aunt but her aunt did have some disdain for her and inflicted some punishments on her in the form of refusing to let her transition as the girl she truly was since she felt that if her sister hadn't been pregnant with Maira and not gone to the farming colony with her husband that she would still be alive.
Maira pushed herself to study hard and work hard in the hopes of getting away from her aunt and hopefully being able to be herself at last, she didn't have any plans on joining Starfleet but decided to enlist shortly after her aunt died from an illness when Maira was seventeen, Maira was free to transition to the woman she truly was with the help of medical support and care as she studied hard. Maira upped her studying in the hopes of being approved to take the application tests where she did well, not as well as others but well enough for her entrance into the Academy to be approved.

Following her graduation from the Academy she was assigned to the USS Grampian and was promoted to the position of first officer when the captain felt that she had potential. From there she found herself in command of a ship and crew before she felt she was ready, she proved herself more than capable though and the sacrifice of the USS Grampian and her crew are known to many in the Klingon Empire and the Federation.

However that wasn't the end of Maira and the USS Grampian, fate had other ideas.

~~

USS Grampian NCC 91513 - Titan Class, upgraded offshoot of the older Luna Class

Bridge Crew:

First Officer and Chief Tactical Officer – Tarsi, Andorian female
Chief Medical Officer – T'Met, Vulcan female
Chief Engineer – Skavin, Tellarite male
Assistant Chief Engineer – Sarah, liberated Borg, human female
Assistant Tactical Officer and Helm Officer – Hologram of Ellen Landry, female
Chief Science Officer and Operations Officer – Sonoe, Andriod, female appearance and gender identity comprised of females from two different races, bipedal humanoid in design.
Last edited by Reina Beaumont on 211115.0746, edited 2 times in total.

Access Service Jacket
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander

https://www.deviantart.com/reinahw/art/ ... -894878426

The first short story for the USS Grampian and her crew has been written, I got it done last night. It looks into the arrival of Maira and her remaining crew facing the next step in their lives. This is set after their arrival in the early 25th century and before the shake-down patrols of the new USS Grampian.
I'll get today's mission done in a few hours and resume on Monday after taking time for a breather during the weekend.

Access Service Jacket

Return to “SS Tranquility”