Many of you have probably heard the news (certainly if you were at or read the script of the previous P&A). I am officially stepped down as Superintendent of UFSA due to several real life commitments that are impacting my ability to properly managed the Academy. While one seldom like to take a step back, it's the right thing to do. This group deserves to have an Academy Superintendent that has the time available to fully commit. My commandant, Rowena Vandread-Rose well take over as the next Superintendent. Rowena has been my Commandant since Admiral Toocool passed the torch just over 2 years ago.
Time flies. We (the entire academy) has accomplished a lot in those two years, and there still is plenty to do.
- change in membership requirements (several iterations)
- assigning mentors to all new people
- establishment of the academy experience
- establishment of the academy training division
- changes to the CGSD program
- numerous additions and revisions to moodle classes
- several changes to existing programs as part of the continued improvement
For everything she has done to not only help me lead the academy but to turn it into the academy we see, today I am awarding her my final Challenge Coin for the dedication she has shown.
I am not leaving UFS and will continue in my Role as Commanding Officer of SS Tranquility. I will also continue in my role as CGSD Director at the academy, so I'm not leaving academy ground, just changing offices. I wish all my fellow joint-chiefs the best of luck and thank them for their support of the academy over these past two years.
Rear Admiral Rich Lombardia