Fleet Captain Evelyn Rieko

Oversees the UF Starfleet Academy, cadets and the indoctrination of new members in to UFS.

Moderator: 3249Rowena

3249Rowena
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: USS Thor
Grid: Second Life

We announce that Fleet Captain Evelyn Rieko has decided to stand down from her roles with the Academy.

Evelyn has been one of our longest serving mentors and an advisor to those working through their degrees in the ADP for many years. She has had a hand in helping many members of UFS to take their first steps into this weird and wacky world. Always friendly with what seems inexhaustible reserves of patience coupled with a keen sense of fun, Evelyn helped put new cadets at ease. I say this from experience as I was one of those cadets who benefitted from her guidance.

From getting me through to graduation, working alongside her at the Academy and going on those amazing mystery field trips, it has been a privilege and a treat. She has set a very high standard for those following in her footsteps.

Thank you, Evelyn and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Captain Rowena Luna Vandread-Rose
UFSA Commandant
Scottland78 Resident
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post: UFSMC
Ship/Station Posted: USS Durant

I too had been a cadet who has benafited from Fleet Captain Rielos guidence as well as your guidence Captain Rose it helped mold me to the Officer I am and I will help as much as I can to pass on to new cadets and officers as F.Captain Rieko has passed to myself.

In Service
LT Col Elsa Mitchell
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

It is quite a surprise to see the announcement that I am standing down from my Academy Roles posted on the Forum. I was not expecting that. I was just quietly walking away, finally. My heart is touched deeply by your words Rowena and I feel deeply appreciated. That's a wonderful feeling! Thank you!

I sent my letter of resignation on 220611, informing Rich and Rowena that I would be standing down, so my stepping down is not due to the recent 3 Billet rule, although I completely agree with it and support it.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my years as Squadron Mentor. It meant a lot to me to mentor new UFS members and help them learn and grow. Many times, the Squadron Mentors are the first official person-to-person interaction the new member has with UFS, and the Squadron Mentor is the welcoming face of UFS, representing UFS proudly. This is a great responsibility that I did not take lightly, and I always did my best to show a professional, knowledgeable, patient, and helpful attitude. Being a Squadron Mentor has been one of the most rewarding parts of my UFS membership. Also, I have enjoyed working as ADP Advisor and reading many great essays! We have very talented writers in UFS, and it was fun and a pleasure reading the essays, getting some of them published in the Delta Communicator, and helping the officers complete their requirements to graduate. The Field Trips were also fun, sometimes very simple, and sometimes a more intricate adventure.

Yes, Rowena, I enjoyed being your Squadron Mentor, telling you what to do, but then you became Academy Commandant and became my boss! Telling me what to do! LOL. I have enjoyed working with you, Rowena. You have such a witty and fun personality and a super cool attitude! However, you are serious and all business getting things done in your position at the Academy. It has really been a pleasure working with you. I will miss that. You're awesome to work with. Both you and Rear Admiral Rich Lombardia have always been helpful to me when needed, and quick to respond to any Academy issues that came up. Thank you for that. I wish you both, and all the Academy Staff good luck and all the best, now and in the future.

CO | USS Taylorholic Durant
Ferre Flamand
Sciences - Lieutenant
Sciences - Lieutenant
Duty Post: Vice Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquility

Dear Evelyn, it is no surprise at all that you have such positive feedback from everyone. I had the honor of having you as a mentor and it was a fantastic experience. Now I have to admit that you look stricter in your photo than you actually are. But boy, was I wrong! Always very friendly, helpful and patient, you will be missed as a mentor :)
Vice Chief Science Officer
SS Tranquility
Siobhan Crystal
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: SecondLife

It has been, and will continue to be, an honor to work with you and learn from your advice.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." --- Groucho Marx

Access Service Jacket
Braxx Juventa
Intelligence - Commander
Intelligence - Commander
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Thank you Evelyn. You are awesome!
Evey45 Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

I'm shocked. I was about to write NOOOOO, but after the initial panic and re-reading the post twice I will add that she's not only a good mentor, but a very committed, experienced and responsible person, easy to talk to and a role model to follow, always with a positive attitude, a high sense of ethics and attention to detail to give you feedback. I'm grateful that Captain Evelyn Rieko is my mentor.
Ellemir Maven
Command - Lt Commander
Command - Lt Commander
Ship/Station Posted: SS Astraios
Grid:

When I joined UFS way back in September 2021, Evelyn was assigned as my mentor. I never knew her to be anything but eager to help and a reliable source of information a new member could rely on. I think that her commitment and expertise will be missed.

Elle Maven
Erikalancetti Resident
Intelligence - Lt Commander
Intelligence - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Director of Heraldry
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquillity
Grid: Second Life Grid

Grazie per tutto, sei sempre stata disponibile con tutti, generosa e professionale, thanks for all.
Siobhan Crystal
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: SecondLife

Evelyn Rieko wrote:
It is quite a surprise to see the announcement that I am standing down from my Academy Roles posted on the Forum. I was not expecting that. I was just quietly walking away, finally. My heart is touched deeply by your words Rowena and I feel deeply appreciated. That's a wonderful feeling! Thank you!

I sent my letter of resignation on 220611, informing Rich and Rowena that I would be standing down, so my stepping down is not due to the recent 3 Billet rule, although I completely agree with it and support it.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my years as Squadron Mentor. It meant a lot to me to mentor new UFS members and help them learn and grow. Many times, the Squadron Mentors are the first official person-to-person interaction the new member has with UFS, and the Squadron Mentor is the welcoming face of UFS, representing UFS proudly. This is a great responsibility that I did not take lightly, and I always did my best to show a professional, knowledgeable, patient, and helpful attitude. Being a Squadron Mentor has been one of the most rewarding parts of my UFS membership. Also, I have enjoyed working as ADP Advisor and reading many great essays! We have very talented writers in UFS, and it was fun and a pleasure reading the essays, getting some of them published in the Delta Communicator, and helping the officers complete their requirements to graduate. The Field Trips were also fun, sometimes very simple, and sometimes a more intricate adventure.

Yes, Rowena, I enjoyed being your Squadron Mentor, telling you what to do, but then you became Academy Commandant and became my boss! Telling me what to do! LOL. I have enjoyed working with you, Rowena. You have such a witty and fun personality and a super cool attitude! However, you are serious and all business getting things done in your position at the Academy. It has really been a pleasure working with you. I will miss that. You're awesome to work with. Both you and Rear Admiral Rich Lombardia have always been helpful to me when needed, and quick to respond to any Academy issues that came up. Thank you for that. I wish you both, and all the Academy Staff good luck and all the best, now and in the future.

CO | USS Taylorholic Durant
How could you possibly think you would ever get away with "quietly walking away?" Thanks for all your help and your continuing assistance and guidance in Comms.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." --- Groucho Marx

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Academy Superintendent”