Self Awarded Ribbons

The UFS Promotions and Awards department is responsible for any and all Promotion & Award Requests.

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Luciano Skar-Machado, Ulrich Bechir

Ulrich Bechir
Intelligence - Commander
Intelligence - Commander
Duty Post: Intelligence
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: Second Life

Recently, I was contacted by a member asking about awards we can give ourselves. It is true, there are a number of awards that members are required to inform Promotions and Awards of their qualifications for, specifically the:

Lifetime Service Ribbon - The Lifetime Service Ribbon is awarded to any United Federation Starfleet Member who completed 1 year of 'Honorable and Faithful' service. This implies that a standard duty was completed without being unassigned. In the event of a prolonged LOA or the being unassigned, the time will be reset.

Silver Service Award - Presented to members who have been in leadership position for at least 1 year Addition of award to Service Jacket must be requested by member through promotions@ufstarfleet.org after the completion of period of eligibility.

Gold Service Award - Presented to members who have been in a leadership position for at least 2 years. Addition of award to Service Jacket must be requested by member through promotions@ufstarfleet.org after the completion of period of eligibility for verification before the granting of the award.

Platinum Service Award - Presented to members who have been in a leadership position for 5 years. Addition of award to Service Jacket must be requested by member through promotions@ufstarfleet.org after the completion of period of eligibility for verification before the granting of the award.

Dilithium Service Award - Presented to members who have been in a leadership position for 10 years. Addition of award to Service Jacket must be requested by member through promotions@ufstarfleet.org after the completion of period of eligibility for verification before the granting of the award.

Other awards, such as the Combat Service Ribbon and the First Contact Ribbon are NOT self awarded ribbons as they got to an entire crew and are usually put forward by the CO or XO of a vessel, just as the Sci-Fi Convention Ribbon is.

So what do you do to receive these ribbons? First, please double check your Service Jacket, as I will be researching every request that comes in. Make sure you actually qualify mathematically. If you are a month short, you don’t. Once you are sure you do, you simply write promotions@ufstarfleet.org something like the following:

Hello,

I am LT Foozeball McGruff, my service number is 9392, I have noticed from my service jacket found here https://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/index.php? ... ll_McGruff that I may qualify for the Gold Service Award and the Lifetime Service Award. Could you please add me to the next P&A Ceremony for these awards if you find I do indeed qualify?

Thanks,

LT McGruff

From there, you’ll get a receipt email from me and I’ll start the investigation. If there is a problem, I will contact you. If there is not you can assume that the award will be added in the next P&A Ceremony. Thanks to Lieutenant Colonel Mitchell and Captain Jordan for the post idea and information.

In service,

CMDR Ulrich Bechir
Director of Promotions & Awards
Scottland78 Resident
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post: UFSMC
Ship/Station Posted: USS Durant
Grid: Second Life

CMD Ulrich I am always glad of being any help I like seeing how it helps the group as a whole nembers learning how they can get awards they have worked hard for is always a good thing

UFS Strong
Lt Col Elsa Mitchell
UFSA
Siobhan Crystal
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: SecondLife

Thank you Commander,

One of my duties when I first joined the crew of the USS Maxwell was to notify the crew about their respective eligibilities for Service Awards. I did this faithfully for several months until RL demands took away my time and much of my enthusiasm for anything beyond our weekly mission, which I regarded as an essential ingredient for escaping the rigors of RL.

Now that I am the new Executive Officer of USS Atlas, I will be resuming this monthly duty.

You have spelled out the process and shown how easy it is in a manner that I could only dream of. Excellent example and explanation.

Thank you

CDR Siobhan Crystal
XO USS Atlas

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." --- Groucho Marx

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Promotions and Awards”