Service Jackets and You!

The UFS Promotions and Awards department is responsible for any and all Promotion & Award Requests.

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Luciano Skar-Machado, Ulrich Bechir

Ulrich Bechir
Intelligence - Captain
Intelligence - Captain
Duty Post: Intelligence
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: Second Life

Everyone has a Service Jacket, but did you know they play an instrumental role in your ability to be promoted or win awards?

If you're a LTCMDR in charge of a department and your most recent listed achievement is as an ENSIGN when you were tasked to clean the toilets at Tranquility, there may be a problem.

Seriously though, many Service Jackets are woefully out of date. Up to date SJs are one of the conditions for promotion and they make my job of researching you for awards and promotions much much easier.

When I do research to see what you do around UFS, no matter which grid, I check your service jacket. If you're looking at promotion and ever growing role is expected if you want to move up in ranks. This is also true of several of the medals, ribbons, awards and devices. If I have A LOT of promotions or awards that month and the request on your behalf comes in, lets say... six hours before the deadline (not that anyone in UFS would ever do something like that), I have to go on the service jacket and what else I can figure out because the voting and discussion starts the next day. That means I can't necessarily go around asking everyone who you are and what you do. So what can you do to make sure this works?

Step One: Look at your Service Jacket by typing you name in the search engine type thingie, here: https://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Step Two: Compare your Service Jacket information (I mostly mean your Personal/Professional History and your Starfleet Service Record) to what you are doing now. Make sure everything is on there and the dates are complete.

Step Three: If something is missing from those areas, contact the personnel team at personnel@ufstarfleet.org or through Discord by leaving at ticket at the !Support Center in Personnel Assistance.

Step Four: Type very clearly and simply what needs to be fixed. For example: Hello, I no longer scrub toilets on Tranquility. As of 190416 I became a science officer on the USS Lollipop (she's a good ship) and then in 210510 I was made the Chief of Science on USS Lollipop. Please use such words as please and thank you, as in 'Could you please fix my Service Jacket, thank you so much!' and that's it! :) Simple, right?

If you need help, please ask. I am NOT a Wiki expert. I cannot change the Wiki or your SJ but I can point you to some amazing people in personnel who can or maybe help you research things that could be missing. :)

I want to reiterate... MEMBERS ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SERVICE JACKETS. If there is an error or a problem or dates missing you are supposed to do the legwork to clear that up.

Please note: Use a real ship not made up ones like USS Lollipop and if your job was to clean toilets on Tranquility, I'm truly truly sorry, I didn't mean to block the plumbing that day.
Cipher Rhode
UFSMC - LT. Colonel
UFSMC - LT. Colonel
Duty Post: Critical Skills Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri HQ

Yeah, I do need to update the narrative part now that I’m back in circulation. And it will be a very interesting narrative.
LtCol Christopher "Cipher" Rhode, UFSMC

Access Service Jacket
Ulrich Bechir
Intelligence - Captain
Intelligence - Captain

Please note: Narratives and things like eye colour, etc. are for your RPing and do not make up a determining factor for Promotions and Awards. As stated in the post we are interested in the accuracy of your Personal/Professional History and your Starfleet Service Record. See below if you are unsure what I mean. :)

Wilma Sorbet
Medical - Ensign
Medical - Ensign
Duty Post: Medical Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri HQ / Tranquility

Hmm ... I've earned a few things this month ... Midshipman... Medical BBCP ... Associates Degree ... and they're not on my service jacket yet. I've assumed, however, they'll be put on there after the next Awards and Promotions Ceremony, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jabara Eris, MD
-- ( Login name: Wilma Sorbet )
Medical officer, Tranquility Station
-- Service Number: 2876
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That's the thing about faith... if you don't have it, you can't understand it. If you do, no explanation is necessary."
-- Kira Nerys, Bajoran follower of the Divine Celestial Prophets
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wilma Sorbet
Medical - Ensign
Medical - Ensign
Duty Post: Medical Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri HQ / Tranquility

Ulrich Bechir
Intelligence - Captain
Intelligence - Captain

Wilma Sorbet wrote:
Hmm ... I've earned a few things this month ... Midshipman... Medical BBCP ... Associates Degree ... and they're not on my service jacket yet. I've assumed, however, they'll be put on there after the next Awards and Promotions Ceremony, right?
That is an Academy thing, but they are VERY good at updating service jackets so I would imagine you'll see them there. Just keep an eye on it and if you don't see it within a week or two, drop them a line.

U.
Jamie Czavicevic
Intelligence - Fleet Captain
Intelligence - Fleet Captain
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:

I emailed personnel@starfleet.org and the email bounced....

Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>

2:39 PM (1 minute ago)

to me
Error Icon
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to personnel@starfleet.org because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.1 <personnel@starfleet.org>: Email address could not be found, or was misspelled (G8)
Ulrich Bechir
Intelligence - Captain
Intelligence - Captain

Yep, it should be personnel@ufstarfleet.org thanks for pointing that out.

U.
Jamie Czavicevic wrote:
I emailed personnel@starfleet.org and the email bounced....

Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>

2:39 PM (1 minute ago)

to me
Error Icon
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to personnel@starfleet.org because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.1 <personnel@starfleet.org>: Email address could not be found, or was misspelled (G8)

Return to “Promotions and Awards”