"Copybot" or "Stealing" others creations

The Deputy Commander UF Starfleet assists the office of the Commander in Chief with the overall direction of UFS.

Moderator: Kermie Mistwallow

Kermie Mistwallow
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy CinC, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: Headquarters
Grid: Second Life

Greetings,

I would like to make a very public statement to everyone. By everyone I do mean everyone as these forums are open to the public to view.

UF Starfleet in the past has been involved in "Copybot" scandals and "Thefts" of other people's work.

WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS FROM OUR MEMBERS OR ASSOCIATES

We are currently investigating allegations of this nature and I have been made aware that content creators know of this.

Please allow me to offer a sincere apology if this has happened to you, a creator, by one of our members. While UF Starfleet cannot control the actions of the individual we can try to represent our group within the communities we are involved in to the best of our ability.

We will not now or ever condone theft in any form.

If you believe one of your items has been stolen by a UFS member please reach out to me via email - kermie.mistwallow@ufstarfleet.org and we can discuss it further and know that I will always be on the side of content creators and again will not tollerate these potentially illegal actions within our group.

We will take action and will not brush it under the carpet.

Content creators are the ones that help us shape our "Second Lives" and our passions, wether its the creation of our avatars, with starship builds, scenery for us to enjoy all of this is thanks to content creators who have a right to be able to express themselves without fear of someone stealing thier work.

Thank you all

In Service
Admiral
Deputy Commander in Chief
Dolfke Barbosa
Security - Fleet Captain
Security - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Chief Security Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Astraios
Grid: 3th Rock Grid

I would really like this to stop right now, my dear Kermie ...
FCapt. Dolfke Barbosa
Academy Instructor UFSA (3RG)
Morale Officer, Astraios Colony
Colony Chief Security, Astraios Colony
In service to UF Starfleet Sector 001
Gamma Quadrant

Astraios Colony (Alpha Company) Graduate 110315
Access Service Jacket
Lan Nakajima
Engineering - Commander
Engineering - Commander
Duty Post: Chief Engineer
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri HQ

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, I very much appreciate any care and investigation into copybotting claims that Command is undertaking. The last time this happened it was handled extremely poorly, and it's nice to see at least in front of the scenes that if there's any copybotting accusations that they're being taken seriously, and hopefully being investigated fairly and thoroughly!

Thank you Kermie!
Drewski Northman
Command - Captain
Command - Captain
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas

Dolfke Barbosa wrote:
Agreed! I too wish to see copybotting and stealing of objects not linked with UFS any more. UFS Command is working hard to make sure we have a good reputation in the wider community. Keep up the good work, Kermie!
In Service,

Captain Drewski Northman
CO, USS Atlas NCC 74138
Branch Commander: UFS Science
Ulrich Bechir
Intelligence - Captain
Intelligence - Captain
Duty Post: Intelligence
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas

As I actually had a very well established builder ask me about it two weeks ago and talk about how tarnished the UFS reputation is because of copybotting issues, I also appreciate any investigation into these things. The staggering fact is that this individual brought it up as something that was being discussed among a bunch of Trek builders and they were unaware of any investigation going on at the time. The fact that an investigation was being done was viewed a positive by this individual and taken back to others they know and work with. Everyone should be concerned and want to get to the bottom of these sorts of issues... indeed any issue that could harm the image of UFS.
Lizzy Gracemount
Medical - Commodore
Medical - Commodore
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri Headquarters

Dolfke Barbosa wrote:
I agree! As a creator and designer in the real world, I wish people would learn what DMCA and copyright means and that stealing is wrong. Stealing is something we all learned as children that is wrong. Nonsense, indeed!
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” —Bob Marley

"Set course for Relay, Warp Factor 9!" ~ Kermie

“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” –Dr. Boyce, “The Menagerie,” (“The Cage”)

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” – Mr. Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Penney Lancaster
UFSMC - Brigadier General
UFSMC - Brigadier General
Duty Post: UFSMC Commandant
Ship/Station Posted: HQ
Grid: Unknown

I’m just going to ask everyone to refrain from speculation or judgement until the investigation report is made public. Copybotting is a serious accusation and a very thorough investigation was done. We don’t need any witch-hunts or mobs going around thinking they are doing the right thing without knowing the facts of the report or what was found. I can and will say one item was a copybot. It didn’t involve any ufs members other than it was given or sold to them and has been reported and dealt with. There are copied mesh heads that are at a store that have nothing to do with UFS or members. However UFS membership reported this as well. Please have patience.
Lizzy Gracemount
Medical - Commodore
Medical - Commodore
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri Headquarters

Penney Lancaster wrote:
I’m just going to ask everyone to refrain from speculation or judgement until the investigation report is made public. Copybotting is a serious accusation and a very thorough investigation was done. We don’t need any witch-hunts or mobs going around thinking they are doing the right thing without knowing the facts of the report or what was found. I can and will say one item was a copybot. It didn’t involve any ufs members other than it was given or sold to them and has been reported and dealt with. There are copied mesh heads that are at a store that have nothing to do with UFS or members. However UFS membership reported this as well. Please have patience.
You are correct. It is crucial to refrain from making judgments before releasing any results to the membership. What set this thread off was chastising the OP for checking into the allegations mentioned in the OP and taking them seriously. Recognizing that copy-botting *is* stealing and not acceptable by command is equally important.
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” —Bob Marley

"Set course for Relay, Warp Factor 9!" ~ Kermie

“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” –Dr. Boyce, “The Menagerie,” (“The Cage”)

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” – Mr. Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Kermie Mistwallow
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral

Let me make something very clear to all you naysayers and jumping to conclusions.

Despite what you may of heard or what may be heard on the grapevine or interpreted from private I say again PRIVATE emails. Nobody was accused of copybotting

Individuals and CO’s where made aware of investigations and concerns out of RESPECT to them and the areas they cover.

I’ll say this as a person behind the avatar not a fictional role or rank I hold. Stop listening too heresy or 3rd hand opinions and views and instead take credit in the fact that UFS in the present will always defend creators and investigate concerns raised.

Or we can stop with the requested Transparency and keep everything behind closed doors again.

You either want communication or you want to speculate.

You can’t have it both ways. I made a statement of UFS views and transparency. Let those that are tasked with shit do those things they volunteered to do or interfere and make shit worse. I’m through with people jumping t he bandwagon. We are one fleet and should be working to better ourselves and not repeat mistakes of the past.
Admiral
Kressler Constantine
UFSMC - Major General
UFSMC - Major General
Duty Post: UFS Inspector General
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Unknown

I fully agree with Kermie, et al. Stop the madness.
Major General Kressler Constantine
Retired

Service Jacket: http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... onstantine
Keitha02 Resident
Sciences - Commander
Sciences - Commander
Duty Post: Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Sheppherd

But Penney Witch hunts seem to be the order of the day.
Kermie Mistwallow
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral

Topic Locked due to unnecessary comments
Admiral

Return to “Deputy CinC, UF Starfleet”