State of the Fleet - 100622

The Commander in Chief oversees the infrastructure of UFS as well as provides direction to all other officers on how to proceed to accomplish the goals of UFS.

Moderator: Kermie Mistwallow

MilesPrower Dagger
Operations - Admiral
Operations - Admiral
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Greetings Everyone

I am sorry for the extreme delay in this post, other affairs in UFS have kept most of my attention. There was a request for some updates from all of us, so here is some stuff we are working on.

I am working on the Complaint and Appeal system, it needs some fine tuning as thankfully it is so rarely used it takes time to dial it all in. We have welcomed Jayce in as another IG to help and will likely bring on another as well. This is to help with workloads in case people are busy, have other obligations or feel they might have a conflict of interest in the complaint. Also looking to revive the JAG office as well. Frankly only 14 people shared their opinion on changing the names and even then it was pretty split so I don’t know if we will bother with it or not. Something everyone needs to understand is that this isn’t a legal system, it will only look to see if there have been violations of the UFS Membership Handbook, Constitution and such. If someone thinks there has been a crime, you need to report it to the people who are there to investigate it.

We are looking over the constitution, once again, this isn’t a fast process because we are redesigning the entire thing to be more functional and smooth for the group. We are redesigning the council of admirals it will include more focused posts than just geographic area and we are going to redesign the sectors to be more like the old Cadet Companies and have large areas to be helped in timezone area and then have a level under them for people who want to try true local meet ups.

For those who have not read, the UFSMC is going to go through a hard reboot to get it in line with what we need. If any of you have any suggestions get them written down and I plan to start asking for ideas and plans in the near future. With any suggestions please have it be more than a few sentences, give your vision, the goal and how to achieve it.

I want to hold more meetings and have real time discussions with the membership to weigh in on things. The issue I have found is that people either don’t show up or don’t contribute. So that being said I will start having more Q&A times, real time talks and such but I need you, the members, to be there and be active otherwise it seems that you don’t need me to do them.

Something I want to stress to everyone, I know that many feel we are going too slow however as someone who has had to deal with stuff that is changed too fast, both in RL and UFS, if you don’t take the time to do it right, you are going to spend more time trying to fix the problems you cause than doing it right the first time. I will do better at giving more updates and being more visible on things since I have gotten some feedback that I let that fall off a little and for that I am sorry.

Miles

Return to “Commander in Chief UFS”