Why Communications is Critical

The Commander in Chief oversees the infrastructure of UFS as well as provides direction to all other officers on how to proceed to accomplish the goals of UFS.

Moderator: MilesPrower Dagger

MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Hello Everyone!

I have gotten some emails and communications that lead me to assume I know more about the everyday occurrences about UFS than I really do. We are not the Obsidian Order, I don’t receive detailed, daily briefings on peoples posts, thoughts, and activities. This includes everyone from brand new members to the JCS themselves.

This is why communication is essential to us and any other group, if there is a problem I don’t know about it unless it gets to me. People take up positions in this group and part of my job is to trust them to do it, I don’t look over their shoulders to see everything that is being done or not done. There are many communication methods we provide from the forums to discord and emails if they are not utilized then we can’t know of issues.

There are people who seem to think. “They have to know.” Well let me share with you that isn’t true. In my real full time job I am a manager, I spend 5 days a week, 40 hours at work in a single building with people and even there I don’t know what is happening if I am not told. The reason is I have my own responsibilities to deal with and I can’t see what everyone else is doing. The same is true in UFS.

Miles

Return to “Commander in Chief UFS”