Movie Nights

The Commander in Chief oversees the infrastructure of UFS as well as provides direction to all other officers on how to proceed to accomplish the goals of UFS.

Moderator: MilesPrower Dagger

MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Howdy All!

I started some stream days on Discord but there seemed to not be a lot of interest but thinking about it it might have been the issue I was doing them somewhat impromptu. If I was to try to get a more solid time for them would people be interested in viewing parties on Discord?
Lizzy Gracemount
Medical - Commodore
Medical - Commodore
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri Headquarters
Grid: Second Life

I love movie nights when I can be there. I missed the times you were streaming tho, but that's expected if you couldn't do it during day time or viewers are off sleeping... So I think what you could do is when you know you'll have time to do one, have a notice posted on the day in the grids and announce it on the forums at least five hours before you're going to stream it in Discord... then send a reminder about half an hour before you start and then use Discord to announce that you're starting your stream when you started. That way if viewers are available, they know when it'll happen and can be there!
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” —Bob Marley

"Set course for Relay, Warp Factor 9!" ~ Kermie

“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” –Dr. Boyce, “The Menagerie,” (“The Cage”)

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” – Mr. Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Greg Esharham
Engineering - Commander
Engineering - Commander
Duty Post: Director Star fleet Event
Ship/Station Posted: Chief Engineer Denkiri Center
Grid: Second Life/3rd Rock

Are you able to commit to a semi-regular timetable? If so we could add it to out the event schedule for you and advertise it.

Holding events at short notice was one of the things people pointed out in your " What would you like to see " post.

People like to know fairly well in advance even for impromptu events. I know that sounds sort of strange, but I sort of agree.

For me, it takes planning to get in for some things or events I have gotten up at 04.00 to make it to P & A and to make sure another event set was finished being placed.

Ive been doing my Classic Sci-Fi movies since march and even at 17.00 SL time Saturday ( My 10.00 Sunday ) It is only rarely I get more than two people, It depends on timing and who is on.
Access Service Jacket

“There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen..” James A. Lovell US Astronaut, Gemini 7, Gemini 12, Apollo 8, Apollo 13

Return to “Commander in Chief UFS”