Admirl's Personal Log

The Commander in Chief oversees the infrastructure of UFS as well as provides direction to all other officers on how to proceed to accomplish the goals of UFS.

Moderator: MilesPrower Dagger

MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Hello Everyone,

For those that don't follow or chat with me much I have had alot going on in my life that has kept me from be as active as I planned in UFS a few months ago. Key among them I had to find and buy a house, get some work done on it and move in. Right now I am in the final parts of settling down so stress is down and I plan be more active as able. I did want to do something to keep up with y'all so I am starting a "personal log" keep in mind this isn't going to be an IC thing, its going to be my thoughts and stuff about stuff going on for me and UFS. I hope people enjoy.
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

August 7th , 2022

I have noticed in the recent months a astronomical swell in activity and interaction in the group and I could not be happier. Discord and the forums are alive with conversation and chat, we are being social again which was honestly my largest goal and I thought would be the hardest to achieve and seeing it actually happening brings me satisfaction I can't really describe. Progress on a few things I wanted to get done has slowed some but that is on me and my real life doing a core breach. If we have gotten this much activity going in such a short time I am excited to see what we can do going forward!

Miles
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

August 18th, 2022

I've been doing some thinking on how the experience in UFS is so much different than other groups. I think it comes down to that we are, and have always been, digitally based where many others have been focused on local physical areas. We do most everything over the computer, meeting on virtual worlds or in chat rooms able to communicate almost instantly with people all across the world. It gives us a much more fasted paced and active 'feel' then some others because it seems like it is more than a fan club. We can interact everyday with people in real time, not monthly meetings or paper mail and such. I think this is why this group seems more 'demanding' than others, why people seem to become more invested in it and end up burning out and feel the need to leave or 'retire' because of how real it seems to them. There are positives and negatives to this, we are much more interactive and global than other groups but on the flip side friends who join end up leaving because they feel they can't contribute enough when all people need to give is their enjoyment of the fandom. I think we need to find a way to change that perception for people, I worry it also might scare people off.

Return to “Commander in Chief UFS”