So Much Is Happening.....

The Commander in Chief oversees the infrastructure of UFS as well as provides direction to all other officers on how to proceed to accomplish the goals of UFS.

Moderator: MilesPrower Dagger

MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take a few minutes to share some stuff with you all. The JCS and myself as working on a great many projects the summary of our meeting showed. I want everyone to know that we are working however to me the most important project is to drive the community feeling and aspect back into this group. I want this group to be what it was first in the long distant past, a meeting place for fans to meet other fans and get to know each other. We all have different interests and like different aspects of the shows. For example I have loved engineering, when I was a wee little lad I saw Scotty and Geordi and I wanted to be a Starfleet Engineer. Then as I got a little older I wanted to be a real engineer, then I found out I was kinda crappy at math so now I'm something else.

You all are going to keep hearing me talking about interacting, community, feedback and more frankly until it happens. I would like to thank the member who brought the concern about the P&A ceremony to us. I don't know if they want to be named so I won't say who. This is the kind of feedback and thoughts we need, it was a thought out opinion that allows us to discuss and get feedback on the idea from the group at large. This is a huge step forward from how we have been going in recent times. I want to welcome and encourage others to share their feedback and thoughts as well. I also want to know if there are other means that people would like for me use to receive this feedback. The forums are always open, emails, discord and such. To give you all some insight I am a retail manager for my day job, I am more than used to having an open door for associates and customers to come to me to discuss issues and concerns and give ideas. There are some ideas we can discuss, there are some times I will have to tell you what I tell some others, what we are doing is dumb but its how to make something work. That doesn't mean I am unwilling to hear you out or your suggestion, just sayin' it might not work.

I want us to get back to talking and getting to know each other, the best way to do this is to try new things, old things that didn't work out as well before, and such. There are many ideas we are developing but we only have so much time, energy and resources so it is critical that you all help us allocate these to where they will be the most wanted and for that we need you all to speak up and tell us, and them use the programs and projects we get into place.

I am going to be on a mini vacation for a few days but still reachable via email and discord, hope y'all have a great week and keep on Heckin Trekkin!

Miles
David7 Bravin
Science - Commodore
Science - Commodore
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Starbase UFS Astraios
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

Thank you for your post Admiral
Just to say that I am quite happy for you to name me as "being the member who brought the concern about the P&A ceremony" to your (and the Joint Chiefs) attention.
I felt that those Officers being promoted should be recognised and praised for their hard work - which should NOT be regarded as a "crime" and the reasons for their promotion being read out as "charges" for which they are expected to plead "guilty" and then be given stupid "punishments".
I realised that some may regard this as being "fun" - but it may not be for those on the receiving end , especially if others present at the P&A ceremony join in by adding their comments/

In Service,
Commodore David7 Bravin
Starbase Denkiri
UFS Astraios Colony
Astraios Alpha Company Graduate 110830
Access Service Jacket
SirenaWaterdottir Resident
UFSMC - Major
UFSMC - Major
Duty Post: Marine, OiC
Ship/Station Posted: USS Thor NCC-122355
Grid: Secondlife

David7 Bravin wrote:
Thank you for your post Admiral
Just to say that I am quite happy for you to name me as "being the member who brought the concern about the P&A ceremony" to your (and the Joint Chiefs) attention.
I felt that those Officers being promoted should be recognised and praised for their hard work - which should NOT be regarded as a "crime" and the reasons for their promotion being read out as "charges" for which they are expected to plead "guilty" and then be given stupid "punishments".
I realised that some may regard this as being "fun" - but it may not be for those on the receiving end , especially if others present at the P&A ceremony join in by adding their comments/

In Service,
Commodore David7 Bravin
Starbase Denkiri
UFS Astraios Colony
Seems some people do find offense by it. But it is intended to be a fun way of doing things, you are only pleading guilty to good things. But I am aware also that everyones sense of humour is different person to person, culture to culture. So, I hope a happy compromise can be made and not make the promotions and award ceremony become scripted and without some humour.
Major
Sirena Wood
16th Detachment, Officer in Charge
USS Thor
Academy Yeoman

Return to “Commander in Chief UFS”