Opening Second Conference Room

The Commander in Chief oversees the infrastructure of UFS as well as provides direction to all other officers on how to proceed to accomplish the goals of UFS.

Moderator: MilesPrower Dagger

Siobhan Crystal
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: SecondLife

Poison Toocool wrote:
I'd be interested in this.

The system I liked the best was the one that used this forum. Open jobs were listed and people could reply, and their reply would be seen by those in command group (I think). I don't know why we lost that.
I also liked that system and it can be easily linked to Discord.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." --- Groucho Marx

Access Service Jacket
Greenlantern Excelsior
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: USS Taylorholic Durant
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

I'd be interested in this.

The system I liked the best was the one that used this forum. Open jobs were listed and people could reply, and their reply would be seen by those in command group (I think). I don't know why we lost that.

Here's a suggested solution that's already being used by some. Every ship of the line and Joint Chief position should have a forum post with current job openings. It might look something like the Crew Manifest page for the Ships of the Line. That way the responsibility doesn't fall on one person to keep everyone's listings up to date. It's everyone's responsibility! There could be a sticky post somewhere on the forum (maybe under Quick Links) that looks something like this:

JOB OPENINGS

Contact the Officer in Charge in each area to apply for a position.

UF Starfleet Joint Chiefs

Commander in Chief, UF Starfleet
Deputy Commander in Chief Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
UF Starfleet Chief of Staff Chief of UF Starfleet Communications
UF Starfleet Academy Superintendent
UF Starfleet Computer Operations

UF Starfleet Ship & Stations

Pinastri Headquarters
SS Nimbus
SS Tranquility
USS Atlas
USS Taylorholic Durant
USS Thor
USS Veracruz

Other Positions

Charon's Beacon and The Colony
Captain Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)

Service Jacket

Executive Officer, USS Durant
UFS Blog Coordinator
UFS DJ
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Kiara1 Noel wrote:
I would also like to be added as well, Sir.
WHat is your discord name?
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

Okay I have 8 people and added to the role. I will add one or two more if asked.
NarayanSivananda Resident
Medical - Lieutenant Commander
Medical - Lieutenant Commander
Duty Post: Doctor Lt. Commander
Ship/Station Posted: U.S.S. Tranquility
Grid: Second Life Grid
Location: Somewhere on the outer arm of the local spiral Galaxy

I think this listing idea is good. I was recently looking around to find a job and couldn't get far with it. I was discouraged so I quit looking over the holidays because it was time consuming, confusing, I was a person who asked a friend about a job being told it no longer existed. I became frustrated. Then I was talking to my friend Oola and she made a job suggestion I had never heard or thought of. I made inquiries and contacted the correct person and we are working on this now for me to try.

I would like to be on this discussion about this so I can learn more on this. I have others asking me about jobs and I just can't give them any information much. Ask around was what I suggested.
Ferre Flamand
Science - Lieutenant Commander
Science - Lieutenant Commander
Duty Post: Vice Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquility
Grid: Second Life

Actually, this is something that I find very positive. A fleet function is something I also have to look forward to if I want to continue my positive evolution, because in my opinion the function of meteorologist is not really intended as a fleet function. It is not easy to get an overview of what the possibilities are. That's why I look forward to how this whole story will evolve.
Greg Esharham
Engineering - Commander
Engineering - Commander
Duty Post: Director Star fleet Event
Ship/Station Posted: Chief Engineer Denkiri Center
Grid: Second Life/3rd Rock

The Forum allows people to look at the posted events for the month by directing them to the monthly post, why can we not ad a similar link that directs people to the currently vacant positions within the UFS? That way everyone sees them all in one place it would sort of give us our own Linkdin.

It could and possibly should be maintained by personnel, including the interview and selection of the applicants (you do not see the First Sealord of the Admiralty involved in the selection process for a yeoman or ships doctor Ships captains, department heads Yes but not junior positions)That way as positions become vacant they are added to that listing or removed when full.

That way ships that need crew could also request their vacancies be added, BUT we need to make sure that people that do apply for these positions are replied to. Over the years I have noticed a distinct lack of speed or even attempts at replying to msgs sent to both departments and people.

If we are looking to improve the way things are done with regards to getting the right people in the right job the process needs to be more open and clear.
So once someone applies they need to know they WILL get an answer within 7 days. Just my 2 cents worth.
Access Service Jacket

“There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen..” James A. Lovell US Astronaut, Gemini 7, Gemini 12, Apollo 8, Apollo 13
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

NarayanSivananda Resident wrote:
I think this listing idea is good. I was recently looking around to find a job and couldn't get far with it. I was discouraged so I quit looking over the holidays because it was time consuming, confusing, I was a person who asked a friend about a job being told it no longer existed. I became frustrated. Then I was talking to my friend Oola and she made a job suggestion I had never heard or thought of. I made inquiries and contacted the correct person and we are working on this now for me to try.

I would like to be on this discussion about this so I can learn more on this. I have others asking me about jobs and I just can't give them any information much. Ask around was what I suggested.
What is your discord name?
Greg Esharham
Engineering - Commander
Engineering - Commander
Duty Post: Director Star fleet Event
Ship/Station Posted: Chief Engineer Denkiri Center
Grid: Second Life/3rd Rock

I would be happy to help with this subject if the opportunity arose
Access Service Jacket

“There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen..” James A. Lovell US Astronaut, Gemini 7, Gemini 12, Apollo 8, Apollo 13

Return to “Commander in Chief UFS”