Medical Duty Log

Moderators: Ulrich Bechir, Tai Takeda, GraysonQuigley Resident

Lizzy Gracemount
Emissary
Duty Post: Chose to Resign 240129
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: 001 Second Life

orders a cup of coffee from the replicator before sitting at her desk to begin filling out more paperwork and filing her duty log

=/\= Computer, begin log =/\=

*takes a sip of her coffee and waits for the beep before she begins talking*

This mission has been a bit... um... what's the right word for it? I know! Bananas!

Let's see, this happened in no particular order!

*taps a finger on her chin deep in thought, thinking about how she wants to work this*

First, Doctor Skytower was found floating in a shuttle in the middle of nowhere. The doctor had some smoke inhalation damage to his lung from inhaling smoke and was a bit dehydrated from how long he had been floating out there. The Captain has ordered a full bioscan to confirm his identity.

In the end, we decided to keep Fargus and he is now part of the medical department as a civilian doctor. I promised Captain Belchir that I would not feed him to my butterflies. That all depends on how crankypants he gets with me, though, so I'm not sure I will be able to keep that promise!

That's about it for this log. Signing off ~ Commodore Lizzy Austen

((OOC note: Welcome back, Fargus! Ty for making the rp a lot of fun today))
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” —Bob Marley

"Set course for Relay, Warp Factor 9!" ~ Kermie

“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” –Dr. Boyce, “The Menagerie,” (“The Cage”)

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” – Mr. Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Lizzy Gracemount
Emissary
Duty Post: Chose to Resign 240129
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: 001 Second Life

Stardate 230716

Begin Log

On a mysterious planet, enigmatic discoveries reveal inhabitants with iron-based blood systems similar to ours. Their existence is characterized by ethereal tranquility, with life signs detected but heart rates resembling human rest. Radiation readings on the planet required EVA suits for crew safety.

Examination of the humanoid inhabitants revealed some fascinating insights into their physiology. Their iron-based hemoglobin was identical to our own, demonstrating the interdependence of all the species in the galaxy. The difficulty lay in figuring out the mystery underlying their unbroken stasis—a phenomenon that seemingly confounded the passage of time as if stopping the aging process.

Two alien bodies were also discovered, with cobalt-based hemoglobin and blue-hued skin, and while they were deceased, there was no decomposition. The cause is unknown at this time. As we searched for answers, we came across a puzzling orb that might have been a sign of the stasis effect that had befallen this mysterious planet. The alien bodies were segregated in our morgue and subjected to strict quarantine procedures before and during the autopsies.

End Log
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” —Bob Marley

"Set course for Relay, Warp Factor 9!" ~ Kermie

“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” –Dr. Boyce, “The Menagerie,” (“The Cage”)

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” – Mr. Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Return to “USS Shogun-A - Archives”