Grid: Second Life Grid

*Computer, Start Recording*

United Federation Starfleet
USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230206

Lt Cmdr Selina Otsuka reporting.

We are now orbiting planet H-4569421 in Sector 006D and will be here a good part of the coming week for repairs, modifications and recalibration of the Shogun's systems. The faults found during our shakedown cruise were concerning. Due to the urgency of our present mission in search of the disappearance of at least 2 ships in this sector space, Command has decided to launch this experimental ship 3 months ahead of time. Which brings us to our present predicament.

It is fortunate these problems that surfaced was during our shakedown phase. After all, that's what a shakedown is for.

Propulsion systems passed the shakedown within parameters, with some recalibration work needed for the warp coils. The Quantum Slipstream Drive passed shakedown, however will need some further calibration to finetune its coming out of.

Ship's Sensors, Targeting and Weapons Systems passed without any further work on them. The experimental Type XII Annular Confinement Beam phasers installed acquired and destroyed its target with precision. However additional calibration is needed for the allocation of resources and how our EPS handles this efficiently to accomodate for these new experimental systems. I've also ordered Engineering to have the entire reactor compartment blueprinted and double checked as the shakedown revealed that some fittings were off specs and failed couplings that caused a core shut down.

I need to add that the Civilian Contractor from Cascadia Shipbuilding Corporation whom Command sent along for our shakedown cruise was a welcomed help in some ways. But the work performed by this Corporation in getting this ship mission ready was far from desired. I foresee we'll be peppered by gremlins during the course of our current mission.

The bridge crew, I am pleased to note peformed their duties admirably. They are begining to find their place in the team and know their stations and what is needed of them very well.

I look forward to receiving the completion reports from the departments and we can get underway and find those missing ships soon.

*Computer, End Log*

ImageShogun Mission - Setting Out - 230205 by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr

ImageShogun Mission - Setting Out - 230205-5 by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr
Commander Selina Otsuka
Chief Operations Officer | USS Taylorholic Durant
Chief Photographer, Social Media Coordinator - UFS Communications

UFS FLICKR | UFS FACEBOOK | UFS INSTAGRAM | UFS TWITTER
Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander
Duty Post: Chief Operations Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230214

I am sadden to report that it's been 2 weeks since we left Pinastri on this recovery mission to Sector 005E and we have 1 crew member dead.

She was a Betazoid, Ensign Marina Seitu of Operations.

Cause of death, suspected psychic trauma. More details can be retrieved from Medical.

Currently, Medical has updated that the remaining crewmembers affected have recovered and have returned to duty.

The incident can be attributed to the arrival of an unidentified vessel on Stardate 230212 at approximately 0825hrs Pinastri Time, which tranported 3 objects to the surface of planet H-4569421 which we were orbitting while finishing repairs. Shortly after the vessel left, crew members who are sensitive to or have telepathic and empathic abilities reported headaches and other symptoms similar to a psionic attack.

An away team comprising of the Captain, Lt T'Lara, Ensigns Quigley and Savesh, Spark Venture and myself transported to the surface to investigate. The devices that we found were of configurations unknown to Starfleet's database. However the Captain is concerned that the devices found may be connected to a group in this sector of space known as the Telepathic Underground. I am unable to access any information on them in Starfleet's Database, classified or erased, I am unsure.

While on the surface, it was observed our 2 Vulcan officers were affected similarly. We managed to distance the affected LT T'Lara and Ensign Savesh from the devices to allow them to recompose and not to be harmed further.

The devices were located and then deactivated by admirable teamwork between Ensign Quigley and Spark Venture. The devices were then transported to the Shogun for analysis and hopefully reverse engineered to shield ourselves against these attacks moving forward.

Our next task is to follow the trail of the vessel transported these devices to the surface, whether it was meant to attack us or we were affected bystanders. We will, proceed with great caution to protect our crew.

*Computer, End Log*

ImageShogun Mission - Buzzed - 230212-6 by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230221

We are in pursuit of the vessel that attacked the Shogun in orbit of planet H-4569421.

As we searched the sector we intercepted a distress signal from a unidentified shuttle. The craft was then towed to the ship's shuttlebay and its lone occupant, a Mobian was rescued and treated in sick bay by Dr Lizzy Austen. We later learnt that the occupant was a civilian, Doctor Fargus Skytower and coincidentally, a former member of Starfleet and part of Captain Bechir's former crew in the earlier USS Shogun.

Our Vulcan officers, Ens Savesh and LT T'Lara continued to reverse engineer the devices that we picked up from planet H-4569421 and have come up with an ingenious way of building a psionic shield to protect our telepathic and empathic crew against further attack. This was made possible by diverting energy from our EPS Shear to power the shield.

While Engineering and Science worked on the shields, we continued to search for the vessel that attacked us. Through suggestions from Mr Spark Venture, Intel officer, Lt Quertie Que picked up trace tachyon particles, its pattern similar to a trail left in a vessel's wake. Mr Spark, having done work with various Client's in the Quadrant, shared his strong reason to believe that the ship that attacked the Shogun was of Devore origins based on the tachyon particles leak that are common in the Devore's engines.

With this knowledge, we manage to track down the vessel. While we trailed them, we were discovered, in which the ship then increased its speed. We in turned decreased our velocity and fell back, still using the Devore engine's leak to track their course while we await the completion of the Psionic Shields.

I wish to put on record that the crew is working ever closer together as a solid team, each individual focused on the overall objective and knowing in absolute certainty how each of their work amounts to the bigger picture. I am proud to serve with such an integrated group of Starfleet officers.

*Computer, Eng Log*

ImageUSS Shogun Mission - 230219 - Hot Pursuit - Visitor Dr Fargus Skytower on the Shogun bridge by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr

ImageUSS Shogun Mission - 230219 - Hot Pursuit - Working together to solve a puzzle, Engineering, Operations and Science by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230301

We apprehended and had in custody an individual who identified himself as the Overseer of the Telepathic Empire. This was after a chase through Sector 005D into an asteroid field. I took a team of officers, LT(Jg) Tai Buckbeak from Intel and Ens Gaspi Sparta for Security duties and transported to the disabled ship.

The individual surrendered without resistance. Lt(Jg) Buckbeak proceeded to download the available data from the vessel's computers to help us understand more about what we are dealing with. We found that the computer had a tamper proof and we may have triggered the self-destruct of the ship. We escaped with the pilot of the vessel in tow and he was promptly placed in the Shogun's brig.

Questioning by Captain Bechir, Lt(Jg) Buckbeak and myself revealed that his name was Rhydak Miktrik and the Telepathic Empire was formerly known as the Telepathic Underground. While Captain Bechir, Ens Sparta and I returned to the bridge, Lt(Jg) Buckbeak continued to question and draw knowledge from this individual which later in the course of questioning, Rhydak Miktrik committed hara-kiri in his cell.

Upon going through Lt(Jg) Buckbeat's Intel report, we've learnt that this Telepathic Empire has deep and strong animosity against Starfleet, brought about by a previous episode of alleged abandonment by Starfleet at their time of their need. It is also learnt that Starfleet MAY have been infiltrated by agents of this Empire, which explains their knowledge of very current information of Starfleet and even to very detailed knowledge of our tricorders' menus.

I trust that the Captain has made his report to Starfleet on the matter. I'll be going through the crew manifest of the Shogun, for any suspicious personnel. I'll also make my recommendations to the Captain to limit the information to key senior officers and to monitor certain ones closely for fear that the Shogun may be compromised as well.

Lt Cmdr Selina Otsuka signing off.

*Computer. End log*

ImageUSS Shogun SH-RP-004 - Revelations - 230219 - Searching for the unidentified vessel hiding in an asteroid field. by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr

ImageUSS Shogun SH-RP-004 - Revelations - 230219 - Lt (Jg) Tai Buckbeak, Intel Officer questioning Overseer Rhydak Miktrik of the Telepathic Empire in the Shogun's brig by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230303

On Stardate 230227 while the Shogun continued our search for the missing Stafleet vessels, Ensign Quigley intercepted a distress signal from the USS Atlas. We immediately altered course to respond to the Atlas' SOS.

And our Quantum Slipstream Drive....failed.

Again.

However, I am pleased to report that a quick recovery was made by Ensign Savesh and her team in Engineering and we jumped to the Atlas' last known location, Sector 011F quickly. We saw the Atlas emerging from an Iconian Gateway pursued by what we were informed, The Bech. Which are a species we now know as the Borg, but in early development.

The Captain ordered a Tricobalt to be used in attempt to stop the Bech ship, which dealt heavy damage but not enough to destroy it. Along with the Atlas, we succeeded to stop and destroy the Bech after an extensive and heavy exchange of fire from all sides. The Shogun took damages on decks 3, 5 and 6. We had 23 injured crew which were cared for by Doctor Austen's team. And thank the Gods, no fatalities. Both ships, the Atlas and the Shogun and our crews, although sustaining some damages are still spaceworthy.

The crew performed their duties exceptionally. They were cool and calm throughout the mission. Lt(JG) Buckbeak's knowledge of the tactical systems was precise. Lt Bacraius's very capable helming pushed the Gagarin class to its limits and excelled. Lt Ek'Tal, Ens Savesh and Ens Quigley worked very well together through the challenges that this experimental ship throws at us. Doctor Commodore Austen and her team's speed in tending to the injured crew saved many lives.

It's been just a few short weeks since we launched, and we are now working together like an finely tuned force like this technologically advanced ship that we crew.

*smirks...and thinks to herself, "that is when the tech on this ship, decides to work."*

As I record this log, we are heading back to Sector 005D to resume our investigation of the disappearance of the vessels with extra caution to the presence of the Telepathic Empire.

Lt Cmdr Selina Otsuka signing off.

*Computer. End log*

ImageUnited Federation Starfleet - USS Atlas & USS Shogun joint mission - What friends are for - 230227 - USS Shogun bridge, Fighting off the Bech ship by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230310

As of this recording, the Shogun’s various departments have been working hard at deciphering and analysing the artifacts that we’ve recovered from the planet Frelthgus. We’ve discovered that the recording and data found on the planet’s terminals were made by the Rejgoss. Technology and data found suggests that they made up a colony on this planet. But there were no trace to ascertain that these people were warp capable.

With the information recovered from the various communication terminals on the surface, it was found that 2 factions were present on the planet. The Rejgoss, who were there at least 100 years earlier. And the other, the Telepathic Empire who arrived much later.

However we also found evidence that the non psionic capable Rejgoss were enslaved by the Empire, even the Rejgoss’ young were not spared, to serve them and in some messages retrieved, "as slaves". However, we also collected data that tells us that a small fraction of the Rejgoss people are telepathic sensitive and that the Telepathic Empire were welcomed by this small group and were recruited by the Empire.

What led to the state of the planet which we found it in may have been the Empire taking the Rejgoss off world as slaves to the more psionic capable. A planet with a colony of nearly 40,000 is now empty, save for a corpse that was found and technology that has been left behind by both.

Our away team has tagged the artefacts and most importantly, data from the Telepathic Empire’s computer banks found in one of the buildings. They have been transported back to the Shogun for further study and hopefully more clues to the Telepathic Empire’s operations in the sector, and perhaps to the missing ships that we are assigned to investigate.

This new development has cast a darker, more grim outlook to what’s happening at this side of the Delta Quadrant and with what we’ve found previously, that Starfleet may also have been compromised by the Empire. It leads one to thing, we have a ruthless, powerful enemy, which may have ambitions in conquering and controlling the Delta Quadrant.

Computer. End Log.

ImageUSS Shogun SH-RP-005 - A Sorry State - 230305-Spark Venture downloading data found in a building's computer by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230316

We have discovered a satellite that the Telegraphic Empire uses as an operations station as we explored deeper into Sector 005D. Initial scan data revealed that the station and its machinery, power source and other artefacts found onboard were a mix of various techonologies from different species. Which from previous intel gathered, is consistent with the Telegraphic Empire's practice. The station also had psionic emitters which affected some of our crew.

An away team comprising of Captain Bechir, Spark Venture, Dr Skytower, Commodore Austen, Ensigns Sparta, Zoe Fhang, Savesh, Quigley and I beamed over and swept through the levels of the station.

Upon beaming onboard, Ens Zoe Fhang was immediately affected by the psionic waves which Commodore Austen rendered onsite medical aid to. The Captain's team then disabled the emitters bringing much needed relief to our telegraphic sensitive crew, Ens Zoe Fhang and Savesh.

The team led by myself, headed further down to a deck which we found the station's computers and data center. We found a list of coordinates of at least 18 similar stations in various sectors, including one that is at the edge of Sector 007E, which poses immediate threat to Pinastri IV. Another data packet that we found listed an extensive flotilla of over 200 warships. The information that we retrieved and decrypted also revealed the Empire's plan to conquer and enslave the populations of a list of planets - Farn, D'Noria, Telos and again confirming the threat, Pinastri itself. The attack on these planets and Starfleet will be driven in telepathic form and with the Empire's various weaponary from the species that form it, as secondary attack tactics.

The Captain has sent the intel gathered to Command. I am advised that Starfleet will be sending reinforcements to prevent and neutralise this attack.

I am anxious as to how this would play out. I pray that it will not come to this. A full scale war against the Federation is being planned and I fear for my loved ones and my colleagues.

*Computer. End Log*
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230323

While the Shogun continued our search for the missing vessels and charting the Telepathic Empire's footprint in the sector, we came across an N class planet deep into Sector 005C. The planet was uninhabited but had an orbiting moon with a abandoned space station on its surface.

Our away team beamed to the station to investigate further. The station was found to have tech close to Earth's 22nd century technology. Data from its computers were corrupt and unreadable. The species that inhabited the station were determined as pre-warp.

Further exploration of the station also found heighten levels of radiation which came from a leak in the station's power generator. It is likely that the inhabitants left due to this.

The medical team, made up of Commodore Austen and Dr Skytower found and have taken some DNA samples from the living quarters of the station. Perhaps we will know more about the previous inhabitants after more analysis can be done in the ship's labs.

I am relieved to note that thorough scans of the station and the moon did not yield any signs of the Empire's presence. We'll continue our search for the Empire's stations and will disable them.

*Computer. End log.
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230329

We've disabled another of the Empire's satellite stations in Sector 005C. The station was heavily guarded by 2 heavy escorts and 2 destroyer class ships.

I had taken an away team comprising of Lt T'Lara, Mr Spark Venture and an old colleague from the USS Durant, Lt. Ragnarsson to raid and disable the station. Once on board, we split into 2 teams, gathering all available intel from the station's computers. We also placed highly effective 22B M/AM charges developed by Mr Venture as we cleared each level while Captain Bechir and the crew held the Empire's patrolling ships off. Once our away team transported back to the Shogun, the charges were set off and the station was destroyed.

What we've retrieved from the computers, were highly encrypted and valueable information that might help us in defending ourselves against the Empire's threat. We've found very likely, coordinates to 4 locations which we believe are similar stations that we've destroyed.

We also found a data packet documenting a list of species which MAY be working with the Empire. It is shocking to note that some of the species listed are telepathic and empathic members of the Federation. Whether these individuals who have been processed throught his facility were influenced against their will or not, remains unclear. However I wish to note that we have found a chart documenting what seem to be brainwave frequencies with alphanumeric coding that might link to the species list that we have found.

The last data packet that we retrieved and deciphered is an offensive strategy of the Empire. Which detailed the sequence of attacks from Pinastri IV, the Kazons sects, then the Romulans. I have been informed by the Captain that the information that we've recovered has been sent to Starfleet Command and Intel.

*pauses and hesitates*

I am concerned, knowing that some levels of Starfleet MAY have been compromised and if the information that we are sending will fall into the wrong hands. If a...mole, in those clearance levels alert the Empire of our knowledge of their plans, this will turn the tide on us.

*Computer. End Log*
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230406

We intercepted a signal in Sector 005C and found a Kazon battle cruiser afloat. The ship had no life signs from our scans, its tactical systems and shields were in operation but had no life signs on board.

Captain Bechir took a team consisting of Ens Quigley and Lt Ragnarsson as the forward team. When given the go, Ens Savesh with Lt(Jg) Tal and Ens Asteria in Team 1 and I, with COMM Austen and Ens Sparta in Team 2 beamed over and proceeded to sweep through the ship for information as to what brought this Kazon ship to it's current predicament.

We found dead bodies of Kazons strewn throughout the ship. The corpses were in various state of decomposition, and the manner in which they were killed...murdered, is in the most cruellest form I've come across in my years in Starfleet.

However, what we recovered from the ship's computers tells us more. We found that they are from the Kazon-Ulgath sect. Their Maje, Opola have agreed to collaborate with the Telegraphic Empire which brought about opposition from some of the Ulgath sect to Maje Opola's actions. The Captain and the crew of this battlecruiser that we found were opposed to this alliance, were called traitors and paid a heavy price for their beliefs.

The medic's log that we recovered speaks of the Empire using mind control over crew, using the Kazon crew as test subjects for their telepathic weapons and more.

Through all this, the data allows us more insights to the Empire's strategies and weaponary. And that gives us more data to devise ways to shield and counter their impending attacks. All data recovered have been transmitted up the CoC. I trust that as a fleet, when all our expertise are pulled together, we shall overcome this new foreboding enemy. I trust this new threat will again bring all of Starfleet together as described by Sun Tzu's Moral Law.

"道者,令民于上同意,可与之死,可与之生,而不危也。"

*Computer. End recording.*
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230420

The last few days have saw the Intel Department working around the clock to decrypt the data which we suspect may be key information to the attack being planned by the Empire against Starfleet and the Romulans thereafter.

The data which we recovered was heavily guarded by Telegraphic Empire and Kazon-Ulgath ships in Sector 005C. I, with Ensign Natalie Green from Intel, slipped through their defenses in a shuttlecraft while Captain Ulrich and the crew diverted their attention. We downloaded the data packet from their command center and quickly exited the station. Our shuttle sustained some damaged on the way back to the Shogun, but I am pleased to note that it was not life threatening.

We are en route back to Pinastri IV with the Empire and Kazon-Ulgath ships on our tail. We would have outrun them if not for the damage that we took to the QSD drive and propulsion systems during our scuffle. Hence we are making do at warp 9.9 until we can get our QSD back online. And to cap it all, our communications are being jammed.

I only hope we'll be able to decrypt and..or...deliver this information to Pinastri to prepare ourselves to defend against this impending attack.

*Computer. End recording.

ImageShogun RP - Charging the Gates- LtCMDR Otsuka and Ens Green preparing to board the Telegraphic Empire station by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230428

While we spend the past few days travelling at maximum warp back to Pinastri, our Engineers have been working around the clock to get the Shogun's QSD back online. Seven days will be too late. We need to be back in the Pinastri system now.

An experimental ship such as the Shogun will have its fair share of unreliable experimental equipment of course. But never have I expected that QSD will fail on us. Mr Venture has summised that there seem to be an systematic issue with the Gagarin class' QSD. If we had the luxury of time, the Shogun should have that fixed in space dock.

But no. We do not have that time.

*stops to sign off on the PIP report from Engineering*

And to top if off, we had an Ensign not doing his job in cleaning the QSD's buffering tubes that added to the problem. I believe a week of waste management duty will help him understand the importance in that.

I wish to put on record that while I understand Captain Ulrich's decision to form a temporary alliance with the Kazon, especially the Hobii. I am still sceptical about the sincerity of these unsavoury species. Although we are probably the lesser of two evils compared to the Telepathic Empire, there is no guarantee if they will also turn on us in time.

I'll continue to trust the Captain on his decision. And I will step up my efforts to watch his six.

*Computer. End recording*

ImageUSS Shogun 230423 - Racing the Wind - Engineer Ens O'Hara on waste management duty by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230505

釜底抽薪

In perfect coordination and absolute resolve, 6 UFS' battlegroups led by USS Atlas, USS Veracruz, Pinatri HQ, SS Tranquility, USS Thor, USS Durant and USS Shogun took out a network of the Telepathic Empire's stations in various sectors and distinguish their plan of attack on Starfleet.

The fleet managed to.."Remove the Firewood from Under the Cauldron", a brave execution of the ancient warmaster Sun Tzu's strategem. Which could not have been possible if not for the superb Intel available to us.

We lost USS Fabricus and USS Atoll from our battlegroup. Almost a thousand souls there. A heavy price to pay indeed for the freedom of the quadrant against the Empire.

The Shogun was immediately sent out again by Command to investigate another signal emanating from Sector 010G. We found an unhabited structure floating in the middle of nowhere. After procedural scans and determining that it is safe, our away team led by Captain Bechir along with Lt T'Lara and Dr Austen beamed over to investigate. While aboard the structure, their presence set off mechanisms that inhibited transport out and oxygen supply was then stopped. The away team was in danger of suffocation.

We were then fired upon by the structure. As we attempted to move in closer to retrieve our team we were then held by a tractor beam. It was through a concerted effort by the away team, quick thinking and work from LT(Jg) Vaktari Tal for creating a power surge in the structure that disabled its power systems and allowing us to beam our away team back to the Shogun. As LT Ragnarsson continued to disable the weapons that were firing at us with extreme precision, we managed to dislodged the Shogun from the tractor beam and retreated to a safe distance and away.

*smiles to self*

The crew has come a long way since we left space dock. We lost one Ensign. We also saw Ensigns who have shown great potential and have stepped up to the plate and resumed important roles. New bridge crew are showing that they are certainly making their mark as the days roll by.

And…a grumpy civilian Doctor whom I swear hates me for getting his name wrong ALL the time. The Gods help me.

ImageUSS Shogun - 230429 - Task Force Delphi - Culmination by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr

ImageUSS Shogun - 230429 - Task Force Delphi - Dr Fargus Skytower by Selina Otsuka, on Flickr
Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230609

*Selina scans through the stack of PADDs on her desk. She looks out her window to peer at the planet where an away team is working on an alien gateway that may be the answer in getting the Shogun home to the right dimension and time.*

Day 4 in orbit of an uncharted class M planet in Prison Dimension, Block 003C. We have been trapped in this unknown dimension for almost 2 weeks now. As I record this log, the Shogun has 2 teams working on what may be the key in transporting us back to where we belong. And hopefully in the right location and of course time.

The task is being driven personally by the Chiefs of Engineering, Science and Operations, with assigned hands and heads working round the clock to…how do they say…”fit a square peg in a round hole”.

I am informed that they have come to a clear, testable hypothesis on how we could use the alien gateway and the Borg cube’s tonal resonance to initiate the process. We’ll await the team’s final report and be presented to Captain Bechir’s decision.

While our team of stand out officers work on calibrating, configuring and testing the technology on the recovered broken gateway in the Shogun's shuttle bay, I’m also happy to report that since the Shogun’s launch from spacedock, the crew has become more hardened, experienced and coordinated. The Captain and I have identified Lt Ragnarsson to head our Security and Tactical Department. I have no doubt that he will fill and excel in that role without problems.

Commander Selina Otsuka

Selina Otsuka
Operations - Commander
Operations - Commander

USS Shogun
NCC-73812-A

Executive Officer's Log

Stardate : 230720

We are currently orbiting an M class planet in Block 3, Sector 012.

We chanced upon this planet 5 days ago when our sensors picked up unknown power signatures from it. We found a densely populated planet but strangely, there were no activity by its population on the surface. Current technology advancement of the planet is similar to Earth’s status in early 23rd century. We also detected Kazon warp trails leading away from the planet.

Upon beaming to the surface to investigate the lack of activity and power signatures whose patterns that do not seem to be of native origin, we found the inhabitants in some sort of stasis. Among them we also found the source of the power signatures, orbs scattered through the streets of the city, an alien craft, 2 deceased purple skinned bipedal humanoids that we have no records of in Starfleet database. Lastly, signs of an orb that has been removed.

Our teams have been working round the clock on the evidence that we’ve recovered to find out what happened on the planet before we arrived. I am hoping that we will have some theories to work on soon and to free the inhabitants of their present state of stasis.

*Computer, End Log*
Commander Selina Otsuka

Return to “USS Shogun-A - Archives”