Grid: Second Life

230402 - SH-RP-009 - A New Player

USS Shogun Mission Briefing

Stardate: 230402
Mission: A New Player

Mission Classification: Investigative/Exploratory/Survival

Block: 005C
Relative Location: 118.22 LY from Pinastri

*IMPORTANT - If you can't make the mission, please be sure to contact either Ulrich or Selina privately in IM either through Discord (preferred) or in Second Life. It is common courtesy and allows planning to account for your lack of participation.*

The following information is 'In Character' information.

After hiding out from Telepathic Empire patrols, we continued along our way and managed to destroy three more of the Telepathic Empire space stations, bringing their numbers down to 13 active stations. We continue to sift through the data we received but to little avail. We are somewhat concerned as they do not seem to be protecting their stations as fully as they were before, indicating that they may not still value them as assets.

Still, we continue to work to unravel more of the Telepathic Empire plans, as well as who they are working for.

The following is OOC:

1.Each Department will be expected to give a report at the start of the mission.

2.We will detect strange readings from what seems to be a fully operational ship between 20 and 40 minutes into the mission. More information will be given during the mission.

3.We must find the ship in question, ensure it is of no threat to us, and then see if they have information that can help us.

4.We must, of course, be careful as we are a lone ship in a part of space full of enemies.

5.The possibility of being outnumbered while committing to our task exists.

6.Please remember to use the WARP CHART found in the CREW ENGAGEMENT MANUAL for speeds and realistic distances.

7.We are role playing, so you need to consider how your character will react to the information given and what impact it will have on your relationships, realities, and life.

8.Welcome to USS Shogun where we do take damage, we do have danger to deal with, and we don’t always win.Of course, when complete destruction is a possibility, we have to win.

9.Space held by other potentially Warp Capable species always carries risks. Although slipstream is a new development for us, there is no guarantee that others don’t already have it and it is possible they could arrive at any moment.

10. Please follow CoC and remember that ideas, etc. are great, but they still have to be cleared with your Chief and with the Command Staff before implemented. This is an ensemble piece and as a result not every idea can be used, especially as things often have to be incorporated into a larger plot-line system.

11. Finding items (gamma radiation, evidence of other species we've encountered) is at your discretion. Don't go crazy, but have fun. I trust you to tie things in with other mission threads, please make sure things fit.

12. Hit point meters are NOT required. Please behave accordingly if you feel that you could be injured, etc. While almost never mandatory, getting injured gives doctors a part to play and can be used to add texture and depth to your character.

13. All personnel on duty should in the bridge by 230402.0750 SLT. Please remember some members are working VERY LATE AT NIGHT (1am until 3am), be respectful of their time and efforts to be with us.

*These duties are very general ideas, feel free to add to them and fill things in.

* Please allow people to do their jobs and be thoughtful of the fact that people join departments and divisions to do their jobs. Try not to step on their functions. If you have something to help someone (advise that they may or may not follow) instead of saying something publicly, it might be more useful to IM them and discuss it with them.

* Departments should be working together. There should be enough possibilities for everyone as long as they all work together and cooperatively. Do not be afraid to do OOC planning in IM.

* This is more or less freeform, but please don't have it as "Q did this". We need to get ourselves out of our own jams (not that this has ever been a problem with this crew).

EUROPEAN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ENDS ON OCTOBER 29, 2023. This reminder will stay and change to the start date after March 26th. North America starts later than Europe. Remember: Spring - Forward an hour… Fall - Backwards an hour

NORTH AMERICAN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ENDS ON NOVEMBER 5, 2023. This reminder will stay and change to the start date after November 5th. Europe and Asia start earlier than North America. Remember: Spring - Forward an hour… Fall - Backwards an hour

CAPT Ulrich Bechir
CO USS Shogun
NCC 73812-A
Ulrich Bechir
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Shogun-A
Grid: Second Life

United Federation Starfleet
USS Shogun
NCC 73812-A

:federation: Official Mission Log :federation:
Commanding Officer,
CAPT Ulrich Bechir Recording

Stardate 230402.1008

Alert Status: Green

Block: 005C
Relative Location: 118.22 LY from Pinastri

Mission Log:

We have been regularly working our way through Telepathic Empire held systems looking for evidence of stations, ships and other goings on.

At roughly 0823, Tactical reported a ship’s energy signature. We diverted course to investigate and found a Kazon battle cruiser hanging in space and proceeded to Yellow Alert. After several attempts to hail them, to no avail, we scanned the vessel and found its weapons and shields inactive, several ships systems not fully functional, life support online, but no life signs present.

Captain Bechir left with a scouting team including LT Ragnarsson and ENS Quigley and found the crew of the Kazon ship butchered. After clearing the ship, an engineering team lead by ENS Savesh and a medical team lead by LCMDR Otsuka was brought over.

It was discovered that that the Kazon were Kazon-Ulgath who refused to do their Maje’s bidding, Maje Opola. The Maje had wanted this ship of Kazon-Ulgath to work with the Telepathic Empire and they refused, seeing a clear and present danger not just to themselves but to other beings in the Delta Quadrant. As punishment, the crew were murdered. Some were burned alive, others skinned alive, still others were just killed and left lying in their own blood.

After going through records, we have also discovered that the Telepathic Empire have found ways to affect non-telepaths. Mostly causing sickness, reading thoughts (as they always could) or causing people to freeze in place.

The barbarity is truly stunning int his case too, as was the heroism by the Kazon Captain in this case. The fact that a Kazon-Ulgath Captain was willing, with his crew, to rebel against his Maje because he felt what the Telepathic Empire and Maja Opola is doing is wrong is telling and something we must remember going forward.

In the end we extracted relevant information and removed useful supplies but left the ship. The warp drive was set to critical and left to explode, as is a common way of dealing with warriors within their culture, so they could burn with their ship.

DATA EXTRACTED BY KAZON SYSTEMS:

Kazon Captain's Log

Stardate 230325

I am deeply troubled by the recent agreement made by the Maje with the Telepathic Empire. As a Kazon, I have always believed in our right to self-determination and our ability to forge our own path in the galaxy. But now, with this alliance, I fear that we are compromising our values and selling our souls to a group of speciest and fascist aliens.

The Telepathic Empire's history of oppression and exploitation is well documented. Their use of telepathy as a means of control and manipulation is abhorrent to me, and I cannot fathom why the Maje would choose to align themselves with such a group.

Furthermore, the Telepathic Empire's views on non-telepathic species are clear. They believe that those who lack telepathic abilities are inferior and unworthy of respect or consideration. This goes against everything that the Kazon stand for, as we have always been a people who value strength and resourcefulness above all else.

I fear that this alliance will only lead to further conflict and instability in our region of space. The Telepathic Empire has made no secret of their desire to expand their influence, and I worry that they will use the Maje as a pawn in their schemes.

As a Kazon captain, it is my duty to protect my people and ensure their continued prosperity. I cannot in good conscience support this alliance with the Telepathic Empire, and I will do everything in my power to prevent it from causing harm to my people.

Kazon Tactical Officer's Log

Stardate 230327

We have been declared traitors by Maje Opola and he has given the Telepathic Empire carte blanche to engage us, experiment on us, and destroy us. As a result we have engaged the Telepathic Empire in several battles over the past few weeks, and the outcome has been the same every time. We have lost each and every engagement, and I fear that we are outmatched and outgunned.

Their use of telepathy in battle is something that we have never encountered before. They are able to read our thoughts, anticipate our movements, and launch devastating attacks that leave us reeling. We have tried to counter their abilities with our own tactics and technology, but nothing seems to work.

In our most recent engagement, we suffered significant casualties. We were forced to retreat, and the Telepathic Empire pursued us relentlessly. It was only through a stroke of luck that we were able to evade them and hide for a time.

I am beginning to fear that we cannot win. We have decided to do the unthinkable and contact the Federation ship in the area, USS Shogun, to ask for help. The Telepathic Empire is a formidable foe, and their abilities make them almost invincible in battle. We must find a way to counter their telepathy.

I will continue to work with my fellow officers to develop new strategies and tactics, but the odds are not in our favor. The Telepathic Empire is a powerful enemy, and we must be cautious in our approach. For now, we must focus on protecting ourselves so we can warn other Kazon, we now believe they will subjugate all of us in short order once using us against the Federation. But I fear that it may only be a matter of time before we are forced to face them again, and the outcome may not be in our favor.

Kazon Medic's Log

Stardate 230328

We are under attack by the Telepathic Empire, and the situation is dire. They are using their telepathic powers to experiment on our crew members, and the results are horrific. They are burning some of our people alive, skinning others, and killing some outright. The rest are being subjected to a range of mental tests and weapons, all designed to test the limits of their abilities.

As a medic, I have never seen anything like this. The level of cruelty and sadism is beyond comprehension. Our people are being treated like lab rats, and there seems to be no end to their suffering.

The Telepathic Empire is using their mental powers to shut down parts of our crew's brains, making it impossible for us to mount any kind of effective defense. They are able to anticipate our every move, and their weapons are devastatingly effective. We are outnumbered and outmatched, and I fear that we will not be able to withstand much more of this.

I have seen firsthand the effects of their mental weapons on our people. Some are driven to madness, while others are left in a state of catatonia. It is a nightmare, and I can only imagine what other horrors they have in store for us.

We must find a way to break free from their control and mount a counterattack, or we risk losing everything. Our people are dying, and the Telepathic Empire shows no mercy. I can only pray that we find a way to survive this onslaught and emerge victorious.

On Duty:

Crew Manifest

CO CAPT Ulrich Bechir
XO LTCMDR Selina Otsuka

OPs ENS GraysonQuigley “Grayson Quigley” Resident

Tac/Sec ENS Gaspi Sparta

Sec LT Gunnar “Gunnar Ragnarsson” Nova

ENG ENS NadiraArrant “Savesh” Resident

ENG LTjg SaraphinaDarksoul “Vaktari Tai” Resident

CMO CMDRE Lizzy “Lizzy Austen” Gracemount

Civilian Engineer Spark “SVAndrei Baxton” Venture

Guests