On Matters of Mobians

Rebuilt and relaunched, USS Shogun, NCC-73812-A, is a Gagarin Class Vessel. Serving dual purposes of exploration and battle the new Shogun is based out of Pinastri Colony on the Second Life Grid. Our mission is to explore previous conflict areas, disputed parts of space, and borderlands while seeking out strange new worlds and new civilizations, boldly going forward. Our motto is: “The strong are the patient ones."

Roleplay Times: Sundays 8am - 10am SLT
Commanding Officer: Ulrich Bechir
Executive Officer:

Moderators: Ulrich Bechir, Tai Takeda, GraysonQuigley Resident

ScottyBrit Resident
Science - Fleet Captain
Science - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Second Life

((it's worth noting that the following in character only. There were no actual complaints against Fargus Skytower. If there were, I certainly would not publish a report publicly. I shouldn't have to say it, but here we are.))

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
Attn: Review Board
=A= Inspector General Communication =A=

Stardate: 230303.1630 (4:30pm Friday)

Subject: Doctor Fargus Skytower - Mobian

Purpose for Review: Request for return. Prime Directive violation. Assault. Dishonorable discharge. Shuttle theft.

**Some parts of this report have been classified, as per case #1152.307, command investigation committee review**

I have reviewed the ship logs from the USS [classified] from some 20 years ago, the Captain's logs, a review of the most recent observation of the planet [Classified], and interviewed with Fargus Skytower. Doctor Skytower was quite forthcoming, perhaps too much so. He is straightforward and disinclined for niceties... which is the kindest way I can phrase it. This made his account much more credible. Comparing his statements with what is on record, this is what is believed to have transpired.

The planet [classified] was under attack by a neighboring planetary force. Neither was yet warp capable, and the prime directive dictates that "nature take its course." Captain [Classified] followed protocol and issued an order in the spirit of non-interference. The crew was to stand by and watch as the planet was attacked and destroyed. This flew in the face of Dr. Skytower's medical oath. However, he had taken an oath to Starfleet as well. The doctor attempted to convince the captain to consider other options. He refused. This conversation continued in the ready room, with little progress. Confronted with this choice, after some choice words for his commanding officer which oughtn't to be repeated, he threw his comm badge, spoke some more ill-thought words along with verbal threats, and stormed out of the captain's ready room. Before he had lost access, Dr. Skytower did not gather his effects. Instead, he went to the shuttle bay, stole a shuttle, and stormed to the planetary surface. Once there, he warned the native people of the impending attack and endeavored to strengthen their defenses with the technology they already had. He did not return the shuttle.
In the years following his discharge, Dr. Skytower engaged in some... questionable career choices. However, those career choices are not of our concern, as he was well outside of Starfleet at that point. He eventually was a victim of a temporal anomaly that threw him 20 years into the future, the present day. This anomaly also returned the shuttle to Pinastri's doorstep.

During the interview, Dr. Skytower indicated that he is well aware that the "proper" course of action was to put in an official protest and be confined either to quarters or the brig. He chose not to do this. However, I find all of his actions after throwing the comm badge are immaterial. The very throwing of his badge was an outward display of his resignation. This is echoed by the fact that Captain [Classified] began discharge orders immediately after. The prime directive violations were all conducted as a civilian. While discouraged, a civilian that is not assigned to any station or ship is not necessarily subject to Starfleet's orders. In addition, this matter was already dealt with by discharging Dr. Skytower and deleting the entirety of his service jacket, stripping him of any earned awards and rank.

The one complication is shuttle theft. However, I am NOT a security officer. I highly doubt my duty is to chase down shuttle thieves.

Doctor Skytower did not share any technology with the planet, nor any knowledge. He interfered with their culture with as little contamination as possible. The most recent planetary review of [Classified] shows that they have no signs of contamination.

Recommendations:
It is my opinion that this was a unique circumstance. Starfleet officers are known for their "creative" solutions when faced with a Prime Directive incident. This one did not, which I find unusual. The only real issue is the theft of Starfleet property.

After presenting both Captain Bechir and Dr. Skytower with their options, we have agreed, pending approval, that Dr. Skytower is in the service of the USS Shogun-A under the direct supervision of Cpt. Bechir. Dr. Skytower is not to hold any rank until such a time as his conduct has demonstrated that he is loyal to Starfleet ideals, and should he desire such a reinstatement. The length of the term is the duration of Cpt. Bechir's patience. This will be of benefit to the Shogun-A, as few doctors are experts in Bolian physiology to the extent that Dr. Skytower is, and there are few commanding officers I would trust Skytower with other than him.

Captain Bechir has assured us to take full responsibility for any actions Dr. Skytower should take.

Pending your approval, I have the paperwork ready to be filed.

In Service
Fleet Captain Scottybrit Resident (Skot Brit)
Inspector General
Skot Brit.

The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Γ Gamma Company Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket

Return to “USS Shogun-A”