Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Reactions:
Duty Post: Engineering
Ship/Station Posted: USS Sheppard
Grid: Second Life

"=^=Computer begin recording=^=

Captains Log stardate 180210

We finally arrived on our new station. After two years of waiting for the station to be completed, it is finally ready. We stepped foot onto the SS Peedy Thor and were astounded by the construction of the station. With its sprawling docking ring and welcome center, there seemed to be no detail missing.

We continued onto the Ops deck to find the systems where on nominal power. I punched in my command codes and all the systems began to come alive. Screens booting up, consoles whirring, and the sound of activity filled the air.

I had all stations begin checks and diagnostics of their individual stations. Wasn't long before Operations reported a bunch of subroutines that were running, consuming most of our resources and affecting our life support and reaction control systems. Security reported a small device that was attached to the main security console that trapped the Chief of Security in one of the brig cells he was trying to examine. The XO went down and got the Chief out of the brig cell. Shortly after was FCaptain Mistwallow's turn at his physical. During his physical sickbay lost power. Repair crews were dispatched only to be found by Operations as one of the subroutines effecting decks 13 through 16.

While all this chaos ensued, the subroutines shutdown almost have the reaction control thrusters, causing the station to tilt on axis and begin a descent towards Pinastri Prime. Cmdr Bit and Captain Hode came up with a solution. Cmdr Bit wiped the core and began to re-download the stations programming to the computer core. Meanwhile, Capt Hode took command of the worker-bees team in order to use them as to makeshift reaction control thrusters to rite the station.

Engineering then reported that they were losing power and unable to calibrate the power cores intermix ratio. Lt Cmdr Rich Lombardia went down to lend a hand. Stumbling in the darkened engineering room, a console exploding, with a jolt of energy from the console, Lt Cmdr Lombardia's heart stopped. Medical was immediately dispatched to their location and CPR was begun to revive him. Once he was stable enough, he was site to site transported to sickbay.

....to be continued......
=^=Computer pause recording=^="
COMM Ravyn Stormchyld

CO - SS Peedy Thor
Superintendent UFSA
Instructor | UFSA

Access Service Jacket
Stormchyld
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Reactions:

"The station is still shuttering from decaying orbit and the workbees trying to keep the station from plummeting to the planet's surface. Operations are busy trying to get the system reboot, meanwhile, in the distance, we pick up scans of an approaching ion storm.
Science began to scan the ion storm keeping tabs on its speed and movement, it was definitely on its way to intercept the station. This was all we needed right now, with everything else going on.

Out of the ion storm came a faint distress signal of the USS Boax. It was a delegation from the conference on Ocampa that had been badly hit by the ion storm. Apparently, Ambassador Vene Raax had been fatally injured during the storm. We quickly began emergency docking procedures, beaming the Ambassador to sickbay as soon as they were in transporter range. Not an easy task to do. Docking a ship when your station orbit is decaying, but not much choice in the matter.

Shortly after the arrival of the Ambassador in sickbay, the acting CMO, Lt Yaria Carmona, called Ops and informed me there was a problem and needed me in sickbay. Upon my entering sickbay, Dr. Carmona relayed to me that the host of the Raax symbiote was dying and the symbiote would need to be transplanted into another host quickly or it to would die. She began cross-matching the symbiote's DNA with the crew to find a suitable host as it would not survive in stasis long enough to contact the Symbiosis Council. Unfortunately, I was the only matching host. I flat out refused that thing in my gut and proceeded to leave sickbay. I felt a small pinch on my neck from behind and then total blackness.

Upon my awakening, I had a massive headache and strong pain and nausea in my stomach. In my hazy state, Dr. Carmona informed me that they had to do an emergency transplant of the symbiote into me. Oh, I was furious.

The security and marine teams gained access to the sickbay surgical room and I ordered them to arrest the Doctor and his staff for mutiny and assaulting a superior officer. Dr. Carmona proceeded to inform Comm Toocool that I had been relieved of duty for psychological reason, so Comm Toocool issued the same order to make it official.

**End log**"
COMM Ravyn Stormchyld

CO - SS Peedy Thor
Superintendent UFSA
Instructor | UFSA

Access Service Jacket
Stormchyld
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Reactions:

Following the aftermath of the volcano destroying our ground facility, We have spent the last two years on SS Athena, in cramped conditions. During this time we have weathered severe ion storms and general issues, prolonging the construction of the SS Peedy Thor. The station has finally been completed and our lcars system installed. Welcome to the Station Crew, while at first, we are a skeleton in nature we have a lot of work to do.

During our initial phases of station readiness checks, operations found a group of subroutines that had been planted in the computer core. Attempting to remove them triggered a security protocol in them that affected life support and the reaction control thrusters. The station began to decay orbit and fall to Pinastri. While Operations was attempting to flush the core and reboot, Lt Cmdr Rich Lombardia went to engineering to help with the power outages and calibration of the power cores. While trying to recalibrate, a console exploded, stopping the Lt Cmdr's heart. Medical teams were dispatched immediately and as soon as he was stabilized. he was emergency transported to sickbay.

Lt Cmdr Buttons took command of the station. They were able to finish the reboot of the system and get the reaction control thrusters online. Slowly they brought the station back into orbit and got the life support back online.

Due to the severe injuries obtained by the Trill host, the symbiont needed a new host to survive. The Acting CMO quickly cross-matched everyone on the station that could possibly be a host. There was two, as one of them already had a symbiont, it fell to Comm Ravyn Stormchyld as being the only viable host. Upon hearing this the Commodore refused to undergo the surgery, at which time the not so good doctor injected him with a sedative and began the two surgeries.

Commodore Poison Toocool was finally able to override the surgical bay door lockouts and gain entrance to the bay. The surgery had already been completed by this time. She ordered the security team to take the medical staff in custody and place them in the brig.

The story continues to unfold..........
COMM Ravyn Stormchyld

CO - SS Peedy Thor
Superintendent UFSA
Instructor | UFSA

Access Service Jacket

Return to “SS Peedy Thor Mess Hall”