USS T-Durant Mission TDRP16003: "Exit, Stage Left" (180110)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Wed 11:30, Fri 17:15, Sun 11:15 SLT

Commanding Officer: Rear Admiral Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: rear Admiral Cheryl Skinstad

Moderators: Cheryl Skinstad, Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

=====OOC====== USS T-Durant
DURANT MISSION TDRP16003
Wed, Jan 10, 2018

OOC Preparation

==============
STARDATE: 180110

CALL TIME: 1115 SLT
LOCATION TO MEET: Durant
RP LOCATION: Department/Bridge
MISSION LEAD/GM: Comm Poison Toocool

WHAT TO WEAR:
Standard Duty Uniform (New*)
Durant Combadge - YES
Tactical/Marine Security - No
Medical/Science - tricorders - No

WHAT TO KNOW:
-the ship is: at SS Peedy Thor
-alert level is: none
-it has been there for: 18 days

**You should have read:
TDRP16001: "'The Word is Given'" (180103)
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=30151

TDRP16002: "Profectionem - I.E., Leave." (180107)
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=30161

**You should prepare:
-a report of your department status, and/or
-scientific / cultural / technological information about the Vitulans
-information on our course and what to expect along the way / upon arrival

POST ORDER: Will be decided, and posted, by the Mission Leader just prior to mission start (and sometimes adjusted in the RP if necessary).

MISSION TIME: Please be ready & prepared & in place for RP to start at 1130 SLT

=====OOC======
ARRIVING LATE? Contact the Mission Lead when you arrive, and wait to be instructed on Post Order & Story before speaking in Local. Come up with a reason why your character would be entering the scene at the appointed time and include it in your first post.

LEAVING EARLY? You need to post out. Come up with a reason why your character would be leaving the scene. Ask for permission to go to your department, for example (RP etiquette also says it’s nice if you wait to see the replies before you actually remove your avatar from the scene).
=====OOC======

::IC PREMISE:: =Having fully recovered from an ancient strain of the Terran flu, the crew of the starship Durant will now go through departure routines, disengage from SS Peedy Thor, and set course for Tokari.

'First star to the right, and straight on til morning.'

=^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

CREW MANIFEST
==============

Poison Toocool (Comm), Commanding Officer
Cheryl Skinstad (Comm), Executive Officer | Communications
Jorden Allen (Cmdr), Vice Chief Engineering
Drathen Frostbite (LT), Helm Officer

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RP LOG, 180110
==============

Poison Toocool steps through her ready room door, eyeing the crew on the bridge, noting that Helm is empty. Her eyebrow raises. "Number One, report status?"

Drathen Frostbite steps off the turbo lift. "Sorry sir my alarm didn't go off. I'm here now." Walks to his station and takes his seat and starts running diagnostics.

Cheryl Skinstad watches her Captain's reaction to the empty Helm seat and feels a shudder as she remembers the empty Bridge. Thankfully all the noises of her crew members working hard to get the departure right this time is very comforting. "Captain, all incoming transmissions are saying that we are good for departure when ready. "

Jorden Allen looks over the diagnostics on his terminal, he felt some unease watching the engines from the bridge, rather than from main engineering, but since the incident leaving spacedock last time, protocols had been put in place that necessitated his presence. At least, in this situation, his response time to the crew doing something odd would be quicker. Still, he wondered why it had to be him personally. He adds to the XO's report 'And this time, I've checked the clamps. And the thrusters. And just about every other system....we are good to go.'

Toocool sighs slightly. The mission sounds interesting but at the same time, the time she has spent at Pinastri has been more than satisfactory. She had an opportunity to speak at length with the new Academy Superintendent. Many memories flooded in of the old SS Alexandria, and her time spent as a Cadet and also as a Professor, before her transfer to Astraios Colony. She opens her mouth to say something then snaps it shut again. "I want every attention to our new departure routines," she says to them all, "Mr Skinstad, contact Peedy Thor OPs for permission to declamp. Mr Allen, I want a visual check that the clamps have been withdrawn. Mr Frostbite, thank you for showing up," she frowns, "nothing moves until we are cleared."

Frostbite: "Aye sir" Finishing up his check lest everything is green on his board. "Sir every thing is a go and ready on your orders." *taps his station and sits up in his seat. then seeing something wrong something "Sir we have a problem stability clamp number 2 is not unclamped its should be at this stage."

Skinstad pauses to re-check her readings on the console before replying to the Captain. "Sir, I am in communication with the Peedy Thor's Operations. I was asking for permission to declamp. Mr Allen, please advise when the visual check has been done. My console also reads an anomaly on a stability clamp."

Allen looks to the crewman next to him, rolling his eyes a moment while facing away from the captain. He then turns his head to look at her. 'We're patched in to the spacedock monitors. We have manual confirmation on all be one clamp. I have a crewman in a worker bee, permission to have them leave the ship?'

Toocool glances to the viewscreen. There's a lovely view of Pinastri from this angle. She'd had a chance to get down to the planet surface and walk in the gardens. She nods briskly, "Take care of it, Mr Allen." She moves to stand by helm. "Check thrusters are ready for stationkeeping."

Frostbite: "Aye sir" checking thrusters now "checks the thrusters* Thrusters are ready on your order sir "Looks up at the view screen whaling the crew wok on the clamp that lucky his double and triple checking caught before it was to late."

Skinstad glances at the time. They are already a few days late leaving. She sighs as she awaits the message that the clamp is successfully being released manually.

Allen relays the order to the shuttlebay, tapping his combadge 'Bridge to shuttle bay, get out there crewman. ...Don't take too long or we'll leave without you.' He turns to PO Coil, who nods to confirm that the feed from the thrusters is nominal. He mutters to himself 'At least something is working...' whilst watching the worker bee approach the clamp, he sends a message to starbase operations to confirm that the Durant will be handling this.

Toocool waits to hear the reports. The fact they have to use a work bee to detach the ship from the station has her frowning again. "How is it that this particular ship has this problem," she asks. "Is it our size, our shape? Mr Allen, it makes no sense to me that we can come and go from other stations without this issue. Why this ship, why this station?" Why was the Flagship the only one reporting these errors? Or was there some kind of coverup. She taps a foot impatiently. "Any report from Sickbay, Mr Skinstad? All clear on that front?"

Skinstad cocks her thumb as she hears Jordan's remark, then quickly looks around to see if anyone had noticed this rather unbecoming gesture for the Flagship's XO. "Captain, Peedy Thor's Operations are awaiting our message that the clamp is indeed released. I shall be relaying this as soon as I get this information. Medical teams are still cleaning up from the influx of personnel, if you pardon the pun Sir. They are reporting that they are back to a full compliment of staff down there. "

Frostbite: "keeps his eyes open and decides to run thew his check list on final time hearing the Captian. "Sir i found another problem my scan shows that we we also have a power cuppiling failed to disingage on the portside

=^= SS Peedy Thor to USS Taylorholic Durant. What's the delay? We have a ship waiting for this dock. =^=

Drathen Frostbite also shakes his head never seeing this much trouble getting out of dock.

Jorden Allen ignores the captain's comment for a moment as he guides the unclamping procedure. He communicates to his crewman in the bee 'Now, pull that manual release, the Peedy Thor can fix it when we're gone.' He overhears the communication coming in from the Peedy Thor, he shakes his head and comments 'Well, the dock isn't functional, so they're going to wait either way.' He looks to see if the bee had completed the release, which it had, and turns to the Captain 'We're good to go, as soon as the bee is back on board....', intentionally avoiding the question asked immediately prior.

Toocool feels a slow burn start to rise from her toes to the top of her head. Anyone looking at her might observe the tendrils of her hair rising and trembling, but not with fear. She clenches her hands into fists. Right now she misses the USS Neil Armstrong and SS Astraios. She had docked that ship countless times without any kind of incident whatsoever. "Thank you Mr Allen," she says quickly, adding "What's this about a power coupling failing to disengage? Get that taken care of, let's have that worker bee back on board. Helm, stand ready to engage at my mark." She moves to the Captain's chair.

Frostbite: "Aye sir, I see no other issues and ready when the coupling is fixed on your mark sir."

Skinstad tilts her head as she hears of yet another problem from Helm. What is wrong with this ship and departures? She can feel the anxiety in all her colleagues as they endeavour to get things moving. They are feeling like they are rowing upstream against the current, she thinks to herself. "Sir, I am receiving the message that the bee is back on board, and the power coupling issue is being fixed now. We should be ready to depart in a few minutes."

Allen sighs, somebody on the Peedy Thor was going to take the heat for this...three times on the same flagship. 'Confirmed, Captain.'

Toocool: "Helm, bring maneuvering thrusters online and engage. Move us directly aft, slowly. Mr Allen, please observe the cameras to ensure we are properly declamped and free to move. Number One, inform Peedy Thor we are now departing space dock." She tosses back her hair, aware time has passed. She mutters, "I thought we'd be underway by now."

Frostbite: "Aye sir bring maneuvering thrusters online now. Engaged. moving use slowly to aft as ordered sir so far so good." Keeps his pwas on the control's watching the screens closely and lets out a heavy sighy as the ship starts moving foward.

Skinstad shifts in her seat, making a careful survey of all Bridge members before her gaze returns to her console. She taps her console as she sends an external message as the Captain ordered. "Aye, Sir. She thinks about crossing her fingers but decides against it. She takes in a huge breath as she feels the ship move slowly away from the station. She stifles a "Yes".

=^= SS Peedy Thor to USS Taylorholic Durant. You are departing space dock. Permission to leave system given. =^=

Allen turns to Coil and orders: 'I want to know exactly who was involved in organising our docking to the starbase, I'm not convinced the Peedy Thor is in such bad shape to simultaneously have two random failures,' to which Coil nods, and adds it to his list of things to do once the ship is underway. 'Just us moving this time, Captain.'

Toocool decides in her mind that an investigation is in order. She had not been satisfied with the reports from the XO and other crew who had met with the station administrator with regard to the problem the *last* time the Durant had deployed from SS Peedy Thor. "Mr Allen, you read my mind. Number One, I want a full report from Operations. Both departmental reports on today's debacle on my desk by 1800 hours." She watches the viewscreen, as the entire spacestation slowly appears, and the waiting starship to starboard as well. "Helm, when clear of the station environs, turn us to beam and prepare for impulse."

Frostbite: "Aye sir in another 500 Kilometers we will be free from the station." As the ship reaches the mark I put in the commands on my console and turn us to beam. "Sir ready for Impulse on your mark."

Skinstad turns her attention to the order that the Captain has given. "I am on this immediately Sir, " she answers as she sends a curt external message to the Chief of Peedy Thor's Operations. She disliked being made to feel like they were at fault when they visited Ops on the station and hopes that someone will get their comeuppance.

=^= SS Peedy Thor to USS Taylorholic Durant. Cleared to depart Pinastri System. Safe travels. =^=

Allen orders his engineers at the impulse reactors to bring them slowly to normal operating power, and brings up the monitor to observe remotely. He follows up by ordering his engineers next to the warp engines to check that the ship is cleared for warp speed. He reports to the captain 'Engines will be ready for you, Captain'.

Toocool: "Thank you Number One." She would have a few words to say. She contemplated contacting the Inspector General. The Vice Admiral could conduct a proper investigation. "Please ensure all data records of these events are included in your reports." She nodded her head crisply, glad they were finally free of the station. "Good, Mr Allen." She was sure now her own crew had not been at fault in the past mishap with spacedock. "Mr Frostbite. Lay in a course for the Tokari Sector and engage when ready. Full impulse until we have cleared the Pinastri System."

Frostbite: "Aye sir," puts the ship into impulse drive, setting the course to Tokari Sector: "Course for the Tokari Sector layed in sir mark 0051.881."

Skinstad: On hearing the safe travels message from the Peedy Thor Comms, Cheryl smiles with a little caution, listening for any hint of irony from Allen. She is looking forward to this mission and wonders what the Tokari sector will be like. Once again she feels very satisfied that she chose a new career path at this stage of her life.

Allen watches the ship's systems as the ship becomes independent, and each system begins to activate. Like the ship waking up from a nap. He notices small anomalies in various subsystems, and dispatches teams to correct them, but nothing worth reporting to the bridge. Especially to a bridge crew already on edge.

Toocool consults her charts. "Take us to warp three, Helm. Number One, let's get a science briefing on the Vitulus II situation at 0800 tomorrow in my ready room, include any new details from Intelligence. Have the stewards prepare a light breakfast for senior officers." She rises, "Good job everyone. Thank you Mr Allen, for your presence on the bridge during this departure." She was, as always, professional in attitude in spite of her personal feelings.

Frostbite: "Aye sir, warp 3," slowly engaging mark up to warp 3 as he slides back in his chair with a sigh and a smile on his face knowing that this mission will go well. "We are in right Capitan. I will also be making a report on the issue as well. I see 1 issue but not two, something doesn't seem right."

Skinstad looks expectantly from one crew member to another. Surely something else is going to go wrong. Accidents happen in threes don't they? She silently scolds herself for even contemplating this ancient old Earth saying. She makes sure her hair is straight and her uniform in ship shape, and then grins as she realises the pun.

Allen wonders the sincerity of the Captain's remark, and hoped she wouldn't be making a habit of requiring the chief engineer to be so far away from the engines in future. Still, one remark for another, he replies 'I would say it was a pleasure, but it wasn't. We will launch an investigation into the docking situation, this is quite unacceptable.' He watches the warp engines come online remotely, with them working with a slightly increased performance since they entered spacedock. It seemed that his insistence to regenerate the dilithium crystal matrix whilst the engine was not in use was beneficial - even if not strictly required. Perhaps the crew would notice, they probably wouldn't, but he was at least personally satisfied.

Toocool would walk towards her ready room, her mind already on the letter she was planning to prepare. "Number One, you have the Conn," she said as she disappeared through the doors. She would acquire a cup of Earl Grey and sit down at her newly installed desk to compose her thoughts and begin to write.

=^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

MISSION IMAGES
===============

:communicator:

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”