USS T-Durant Mission, TDRP032: "C'Tresirr M'Grash" (170809)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Tue 1800, Wed 1130, Sun 1130 SLT

Commanding Officer: Commodore Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Commodore Cheryl Skinstad

Moderators: Cheryl Skinstad, Poison Toocool

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
CAPTAIN'S LOG
STARDATE 170809

===============

It's been a muddle. The gravimetric eddies from the asteroid belt are wreaking havoc with comms, sensors and shields. But we've managed to ascertain that there is a distress call coming from a small outpost on the largest asteroid in the belt. We used a probe to strengthen telemetry and boost comms. At this time we have determined it is safe to transport as there is some kind of a transporter enhancer set up on the asteroid, inside a dome which has breathable atmosphere. Obviously these lifeforms have technology. But Feresen? What exactly are they doing here?

I'm sending an Away Mission to find out more.

Toocool out.

=^=

LCARS:
QUADRANT CHART -
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... Sector_Map

"MR'ARR MISSION" - 170805
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=29849
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RP LOG 170809
=============

Captan Ishan Broek looks around at the assembled away team and hopes they have all remembered protocol and what we went through in the security briefing. "Ok, all, are we ready?"

Commodore Cheryl Skinstad: Looks at the team and smiles. "I am ready for some time on a new surface."

Commodore Poison Toocool looks to Cheryl and Ishan. "We really have no idea who you're going to meet. It's just been an automated signal. Life signs are still varying from zero to six. But we do know they have Ferasen DNA. Lord knows what they're doing here."

Chief O'Rielly looks up at the Captain and the assembled Away Team. "Transporter ready Sir."

Broek nods in the CO's direction "Understood." He moves onto the pad. “Ok, let’s go see what’s down there."

Skinstad: "Let's go and see what is happening."

Toocool: "Number One, keep an open comm link. O'Rielly, I want a transporter lock on the team."

“Yes Sir.” Chief O'Rielly begins his work, and the team start to glow.

Broek arrives on the asteroid’s surface in a shimmer of particles. It takes a second for his vision to catch up and for him to see his surroundings. Glancing at the XO to check she is ok, "I suggest we stay close Sir, I will have your back at all times."

Skinstad looks back at the Security chief. "I agree Mr Broek. I am only reading one life sign. Let's hope that they are too preoccupied to be unfriendly."

M'Grash sniffs. What is that? He wriggles his whiskers. No, he's not making it up. He emerges from the cave, blinking. The lights from the equipment are low. To his surprise, he sees two figures standing on the pad. For a moment he is gleeful, and he almost lopes towards them, "At last, I thought you'd never come!" Then he stops abruptly, sniffing again. These aren't his kind.

Broek: "Yes, I am also only detecting one lifesign at present." He looks to his left to see a hooded figure approaching from the cave. He instinctively brushes his hand against his waistband to ensure his phaser is where it should be. It is. He glances across to the XO, "I guess we should make some introductions," he whispers.
Skinstad whispers back to the Security Chief. "Did you notice him sniffing us? He must have a heightened sense of smell? I heard him speak. Let's hope the Universal Translator can help us out."

M'Grash looks to them warily. Of course he and the others on K'Grell did know there were humanoids in these Sectors. But they were light years away from the colony. His ears flexed as he puzzled over what they said to each other. The hair on the back of his neck lifted as he saw the male brush his belt. A weapon? M'Grash hisses, "Who are you?"

Broek makes a cautious step forward. "Greetings, we are from the USS Durant. This is Commodore Skinstad, Executive Officer and I am Mr Broek, Chief of Security. We are here because we received a distress call...."

Skinstad looks directly at the Ferasen. "We have come to offer our help."

They have no fur. M'Grash had heard tell of such creatures, almost hairless. Among his own people that would be considered most ugly. And they smelled odd. He eyes them with both suspicion and curiosity. He understands what they say... somehow. "What help you offer? You come late. Sh'ia died."

Broek glances the alien creature up and down observing the subtle differences between it and the Caitian race he is so used to seeing. Due its size, he assumes for the moment that it is a male. He looks nervous, on edge. "We are here to offer whatever help we can. Why did you transmit the distress call Mr....?"

Skinstad hisses sideways at the Security Chief: "I hope that Science, got us as much info as we need on the Ferasen. Let's not have any nasty surprises here." Turns to the Ferasen: "We will do whatever we can to assist you. I regret that we were too late to help your… mate?"

M'Grash shrugs aggressively, "I am the C'Tresirr of this pair team. My name is M'Grash. Sh'ia was my second." He looked out beyond the dome for a moment, where the distant stars glowed cold. "You come late. Too late," he hissed, his eyes sad, his voice hard. "Yes," he added, looking to them. "I am angry. Angry no one came and Sh'ia was sick. Angry this," he gestures to the shuttle, which appears frozen to the stone, "stopped working. And no one from K'Grell did come to find us or help us." He wipes a hand across his face in a cat-like gesture.

Broek makes a subtle nod towards the XO in acknowledgment. He has encountered many races in his long career in Starfleet, but this is the first Ferasen that he has met and he is not at all like any Caitian he has seen. "Our ship has been struggling to navigate the asteroid belt and it was then that we picked up your distress call. We have come as soon as we could." Ishan decides that a C'Tressir must be alLeader of some sort. "M'Grash, how did Sh'ia fall sick and how long have you been here on your own?"

Skinstad thinks that this Ferasen reminds her of the Caitian race, but it has been a very long time since she had dealings with them diplomatically. She is unable to read Caitians well with her half Betazoid reduced powers, and is finding reading the emotions of this male difficult also. Looks directly again to the Ferasen:"We can get an Engineering team to take a look at your shuttle, if you wish this?" Wonders what her friend beside her is thinking about the whole situation.

"If you can fix this Krall," M'Grash gestures to the shuttle, "this would be a miracle." He spins around lithely. "They gave us these," he points to the rusting equipment strewn around the encampment. "Sh'ia cut his hand, there. And grew sick. We tried to make it clean and give him medicine." He growls, "Did you see K'Grell? The gravimetric force now is too strong. The asteroid moves past the planet system. We can't get communication with them anymore. I tried," he points to a console which has panels removed and various tools sitting around it, "I tried to make our comms work better. They didn't hear. But they should know to come. Too many turns now. They should know," he brushed his face again in an angry gesture.

There are a million intriguing questions running through Ishan's head, all of which need answers. He restrains himself from satisfying his curiosity as the immediate situation needs addressing....and progressing. "K'Grell?" his voice rising as he asks. "That is your home planet?" Broek looks again towards the XO: "I'm sure our engineers can get this old ship up and running."

Skinstad asks M'Gras,h "Would you allow us to try and get your equipment working?"

M'Grash: "K'Grell is the second planet of the system we call Panthera. We came here from our colony to study the gravimetric forces of the asteroids, to gather information for science. Many turns ago now. They stopped transmitting or maybe," he conceded out loud, "maybe they could not make a strong enough signal. But still they knew where we were and should be coming to find us." His voice rose and he almost hissed, "They should have come!" He thrust his hands together in an aggressive manner. But then he shook his head. "If you want help, you can. But Sh'ia," he pointed to the cave behind, "Sh'ia you can't... there's no help for Sh'ia," he said sadly.

Broek makes another step forward and looks the Ferasan squarely in the eyes. "M'Grash. I am....we are very sorry about your Second, Sh'ia. The last thing that we would want is for you to go the same way. We could bring our engineers down to see if they can patch up your vessel and boost the signal on your comms systems. We can bring you aboard our ship for a little comfort whilst we do this. You look as though you could use it."

Skinstad taps her combadge. =^= “Astrometrics get me as much info as you can on K'Grell and the Panthera system, we think it is a planet in this vicinity. Engineering be on stand by with a team assembled to come and work on some damaged equipment down here, a console." =^= Skinstad looks to the Chief of Security. "I think he is very upset about Sh'ia. I have no idea what funeral rituals the Ferasen have, but I think we should assist in some way."

M'Grash nods slowly. "Yes."

=^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

Cheryl Skinstad
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: UF Starfleet Chief Of Staff
Ship/Station Posted: USS Durant
Grid: All

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT

Executive Officer's' Log

STARDATE 170810
===============

I was very pleased to be able to be on what was a small, but effective Away Mission to find out more.I was enjoying first hand experience once more with encountering completely new places, meeting and liaising with new species.

No sooner had we beamed onto the surface when we encountered for the first time a Ferasen male. He seemed to use his sense of smell very much all the time we were there. He seemed distressed about quite a few issues. He had lost his Second in Command we ascertained. He was unsure why none of his kind had tried to find him. He had faulty equipment, namely a console, which we offered to help him repair. Once he realised that we meant him no harm, he relaxed and was quite talkative to us. I think he was quite relieved that he had got help from somebody, albeit alien species to himself. We offered him food and shelter aboard the Durant, but I was concerned that he needed some funeral ritual for his colleague and expressed this to our Chief of Security, who agreed. At this point there are many questions that need answers. I hope that after recuperation, we can find out more from our new guest.

Skinstad out.

=^=

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”