USS T-DURANT MISSION TDRP038: "Chegh" (170909)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Weds 1200 SLT & Sats 1100 SLT

Commanding Officer: Commodore Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Commodore Cheryl Skinstad

Moderators: Cheryl Skinstad, Poison Toocool

Poison Toocool
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Reactions:
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

===INTERNAL MESSAGE===

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
STARDATE 170908

AWAY TEAM DEPLOYMENT 170909.11:

Mission Goal: to access systems aboard the station, download data on ship movements, manifests, and find missing communications files. Also disable weapons and plant a proximity alert buoy to send an encrypted signal to inform us if anyone boards the station. To search the remainder of the station for clues as to who was using it and who might be on the ship that attacked us. To remove all signs we were present.

=

LCARS:
QUADRANT CHART
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... Sector_Map

"MR'ARR MISSION" - 170805
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=29849

"C'TRESIRR M'GRASH" - 170809
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=29855

"CAIT'S IN THE K'GRELL" - 170812
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=29859

"The Interview" - 170823
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=29875

"Approach to Panthera" - 170819
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=29863

"MaS" 170902
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=29877

"Pegh" (170906)
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=29895

PANTHERA CHART

Poison Toocool
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Reactions:

RP LOG 170909
=============

USS Taylorholic Durant, Tranporter Room One.

Commodore Cheryl Skinstad is relieved to learn that Lieutenant Sarah Marshall had beamed across, and checked the entire station to clear it for the away team. Skinstad received the all clear and turned to those collected in the Durant transporter room: "Ready everyone? We are safe to transport across.".

Commodore Zania Turner walked into the transporter room, making sure she had everything with her that she'd need for the away mission to the station. She glanced to the transporter chief and nodded before checking to see how many others had arrived yet.

Lieutenant Evelyn Rieko is anxious to go to the station and investigate and obtain data. She read the report from the away team and it has increased her curiosity, making her eager to solve this puzzle. She looks to the XO, "Yes Sir, ready!"

Captain Data Axel checks her tricorder and hypo upon walking into the transporter room. And nods, "ready, Sir."

Civilian Beatrice Noonien Sciuto enters the Transporter Room. She has two tricorders this time. Always good to have a back up. In looking over the communications data they had been able to download from the station's systems last time, she - and the science team - and discovered gaps in what appeared to be routine communications. Part of the aim for today was to find out what happened to those files, and see if they could be accessed again. Most computer systems did not truly delete data. Hence the second tricorder, which had a special connection for computer access. She nodded to the First Officer and joined the team on the transporter pad.

They transport to the station, materializing in the warehousing chamber.

Skinstad is on alert. Her responsibility is the safety of the team in the alien environment. She steps onto the edge of the hatch: "Ok folks, carefully assess for any clues down there. Do not put anyone or yourselves in any danger. Mr Turner, can you access the Ops Console below? I want everyone to stay together. Doctor Axel, any environment changes please be on it.”

Turner heard the request and nodded. "I'll do everything I can to access that console, sir. It's best to do it while physically there instead of remotely with a tricorder just in case I have to make adjustments when attempting to gain access."

Rieko: "yes Sir," nods at the XO and starts her scans. "There has to be something here that will inform us on who was here and why."

Axel listens to the XO and nods, "Yes, Ma'am. I will keep track." Takes out her tricorder and looks over the current readings.

Sciuto knew that security had done a sweep of the station, but when she materialized in the storage chamber, she glanced around and then pulled her tricorder to scan for life signs. Just in case. She was anxious to get to the operations deck but hung back and waited her turn. "This place feels so.. musty. Old and creaky. It gives me the shivers," she murmured, finally taking her turn on the ladder, descending down into the next chamber, which was lit with the flickering lights of the consoles. To Turner she said, "There was a firewall on the communications records that we had to disable. You might find other protective software as you try to access additional data."

Skinstad says tensely: "Now remember what you need to be doing. Try and access systems, download data on ship movements in this system."

After proceeding further down into the station, Turner approaches the operations console and taps the display. She will do everything possible to gain access to the required data.

Rieko scans the computer console, checking for booby traps, and seeking to decode the password to gain access to the goods manifest, but also eager to go down the next floor to see how far this rabbit hole goes. "Patience," she murmurs as she continues her attempt to decode the password.

Axel looks at her tricorder, examining bio-readings and environmental scans to make sure everyone is doing well. She then moves around the room, taking DNA samples from the consoles.

Sciuto steps forward to the console, but will stay out of the way of the Starfleet officers. "I will attempt to resurrect the communications files we believe were wiped during the recent visit from the ship we are chasing. It might be they were in too much of a hurry to totally eliminate the data." She begins to type on the keyboard. "Again, everything seems to be in Federation Standard. But..." she says softly, "I also read evidence of a recent translation protocol... meaning," she looked to Zania... "someone has definitely tried to tamper with these records within the last day."

Skinstad looks at her team. "Mr Turner, can you try to disable any weapons that you may find? Also people we need to be thinking about planting a proximity alert buoy to send an encrypted signal to inform us if anyone boards the station. Ms Sciuto would you assist Commodore Turner? You said, "There was a firewall on the communications records that we had to disable. You might find out who has tampered with things since our last visit?"

Turner nodded as she continued to work on accessing the information on the console. "If someone did access it and adjust the records, it shouldn't be too hard to not only find out who did it, but also see the original file."

Rieko reports: "My readings show a low level of radiation throughout the station..not at a harmful level though."

Axel carefully gathers DNA samples in her vials, to take back to the Durant for further study. She looks at Evelyn and smiles, "Thank you letting me know."

Sciuto continues to work on accessing the records while also feeling an impatience to explore the rest of the station. "First things first," she says, "I am scanning the backup systems now. Those who wiped the main memory may had forgotten... yes, the comms array is set to do regular updates and diagnostics. The last diagnostic was two days ago. Sir," she said to Cheryl, "It might be possible for me to do a system recovery for the comms array, returning it to where it was two days ago. That would allow us to see the erased data. However, it would also remove any "fingerprints" from the current records... we'd lose any clues regarding who did the deed... it depends on which you think is most important?"

Skinstad looks to Reiko. "Can you set up an encrypted signal to inform us if anyone boards the station. We don't want to be surprised over here. Doctor Axel, are the environment controls ok for looking further down this next hatch if need be? Ms Sciuto, that sounds very helpful and I am sure Commodore Turner will get to work on this. "

Turner continued to review the console as she worked to also try to disable weapons as well. "I'm working on those now. So far, I've been able to find out that weapons were already disabled."

Rieko nods at the XO, and says, "Yes, Sir, I will begin working on the encrypted signal right away." She is looking forward to finding out the results from Doctor Axel's DNA samples.

Axel looks over the environmental controls: "Seems to be alright for now to move on. But we need to be alert about the radiation, as it can very easily spike out of no where. I may need to get us inoculated quickly."

Sciuto feels her skin turn oddly hot. It was the suggestion that there was radiation here. She was super sensitive to that kind of thing. She took a deep breath and reminded herself to stay calm. Starfleet would never put her in a dangerous situation. Still, she couldn't help feeling a bit strange. She nodded to Cheryl and turned to look at what Zania was doing. It was a privilege to be asked to go on an Away Mission. She would not want anyone to see her nerves.

Skinstad frowns at Turner. "Already disabled? Ms Sciuto any help would be great if you think you could assist Commodore Turner. She looks to Reiko. "Let me know when you have got a signal to work.” She is concerned about the radiation warning that Doctor Axel gave.

Turner nodded. "I'll do everything I can to find out. But one thing is for sure. Saboteur's are normally motivated by one of two things . . . revenge or money. More often than not, it's enough to make someone turn against their own people."

Rieko completes the work on the signal, looks to the XO, “Commodore Skinstad, we have completed the signal..and it is set to optimal detection. Sir, with your permission, I will go to the next level to investigate.”

Axel continues looking at her tricorder: "Sir, some of my readings show someone else has used these consoles recently. Not sure what or who so hopefully I get more readings as we go along." She does some scans of the ladder below in hopes of finding more pristine evidence before anyone else continues moving about.

Sciuto examines the data again. "Okay, are you saying the enemy vessel stopped here to sabotage the station, knowing we, a Federation ship, were probably following them? Why would they do that... hmmm... I wonder if this has anything to do with the Ferasens. This.. C'Tressir M'Grash.. didn't he claim someone had deliberately sabotaged him, trapping him on the asteroid? But I am mystified. I thought they stopped here to erase clues as to their identity." She turned to Cheryl, "Sir, it might be useful to have a look around the next level or two and see what can be found. Our goal was to identify who we are following. Apparently, with the little evidence we have, they appear to be.. rather sneaky." She wasn't ready to pronounce them as Romulan but definitely there were strange things going on here.

Skinstad frowns at Turner. "I would like to know who the saboteur is. And who this station belongs to." She looks to Reiko. "You have got a signal to work. Great! Let's all go together to the next level. I want us to stick together." She is still concerned about the radiation warning that Doctor Axel gave.

Turner nodded and continued to tap her controls. "I'll do everything I can to find their identity. If it's alright with you, Sir, I'll keep working on the console up here," she advised as she furiously tapped the panel.

Rieko subconsciously runs her fingers through her hair as she goes down to the next level, her senses heightened with anticipation as she stops at the bottom of the ladder. She collects DNA samples from the ladder...and collects information about the type of metal used in the ladder.. This could be an important clue as to who built the station. Adrenaline starts racing through her veins.

Axel sees the rooms adjacent to the main chamber as she descends to the next level. She walks into one of the rooms to do a thorough scan of everything in it trying to get a clearer picture. She carefully examines the room, and takes samples for analysis.

Sciuto climbs the ladder down into the next chamber, feeling claustrophobic. She is in a small space, but there are doors to three chambers. Two of them are open. "Be careful," she nods to the third one, "that's an air lock." She peered into the chamber closest to her but could not see much. "Need more light," she murmured.

Skinstad looks to Zania. "That is fine Mr Turner. Stay here but stay in touch. It might be useful for the doctor to go first, as then there might be clearer DNA samples untainted by the rest of us." She will then go down the ladder with the rest of the team. She feels quite pleased that she has had some good responses so far from the them, even though she senses some are quite nervous. She knows she has asked a lot from them today. Everyone is trying their best.

Turner heard the order and acknowledged, "Aye, sir. I'll provide you an update if I find anything else." She continued to tap her controls and tried to dive in deeper into the computer system to see if she can determine who made the alteration. The more they could get on that, the better the chances of identifying the enemy.

Rieko moves forward into the room behind Data and sees this is the quarters area. She scans the cases on the floor and collects data from them. There is something written across the cases and she will attempt to decipher the language back on the ship. Slipping on gloves, she also opens a case and finds clothes. She takes a sample of the material from several of them. "It will take time, but this puzzle will be solved!"

Axel gathers a good amount of forensic samples and does some tests on her tricorder while walking around performing more scans. She is puzzled by the results. "Quite frustrating, I do get some good scans and then some very terrible ones." Scratches head and thinks.

Sciuto moves carefully from the bottom of the ladder, over the threshold of one of the chambers, not yet seen by the others. She switches on the portable light on her wrist. "There are belongings here," she reports. "Suitcases, clothing. We should get a sample of the material, Lieutenant Rieko..." to Cheryl she says, "anything organic could be a potential clue as to who used this station." She uses her tricorder to examine the suitcases. "These are leather," she said slowly. "Not necessarily from a human settlement.. actually... they appear to be different," she collects more scans. from the different items. "I can confirm what the Doctor is saying... I wonder if this low level radiation is affecting our systems?" She looks a bit worried.

Skinstad thinks of C'Tressir M'Grash as she hears Turner's reply. He claimed someone had deliberately sabotaged him, trapping him on the asteroid. Perhaps he is withholding some information. Maybe another interview with him needs to be undertaken by security back on the Durant. "Are these clothes Ferasen maybe?" She is mindful of the safety of her Away Team. "Be mindful of that airlock everyone!" She turns to Doctor Axel, "Are we still ok with radiation levels?"

Turner continued to review everything on the console as she dug in even further. A name seemed to come up, which concerned her. No sooner had the name come up on the console, she noticed something else. It was almost as if it triggered something within the computer. "By the moons of Madera . . . everyone get out of there! The airlock is starting to open and I can't stop it!"

Rieko had been eager to arrive on this station to start her investigations and obtain data. She is now just as eager to get back to the ship to start work on examining the data she has collected. The metal used in the construction of this station may hold valuable information, as well as the clothes and the DNA from them. She is also looking forward to deciphering the language. She smiles. She is no expert, but she did excel in linguistics at the Academy and found it very interesting. So she was eager to start her work. She rubbed the back of her neck. She wondered, "Who was here, Ferasans? Romulans? It could be anyone, but we will find the answers."

Axel looks at the XO: " Yes, Ma'am. Still safe for now with the radiation levels. But if we stay for too long there is always a chance that it is hazardous. We are not at that point yet." She walks over to the airlock and starts taking some samples from the airlock controls and door in case there was residue left after someone touched it. She stops to do a check of the bioscans of the away team to make sure all is well.

Sciuto says slowly, "Sir, I've looked at both chambers and can say that these belongings seem to come from a variety of sources. Perhaps we are looking at a station run by scavengers and space pirates. If you think of the warehouse chamber we beamed into.. it had goods from a variety of worlds.... nothing particularly Romulan, however -" she is interrupted by Zania. Bea whirls. Indeed, the airlock aperture is slowly growing. "Doctor! Watch out!"

Skinstad looks worriedly at her team. "Ready everyone? We need to transport back to the safety of the Durant!” She taps her combadge: “Transporter room, emergency, five to beam out of here!"

=^=

Poison Toocool
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Reactions:

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”