190209 - USS Veracruz Task Force Interphase Finale

The USS Veracruz is an Allegiance Class Starship operating in Second Life since launching in October of 2011 (Stardate 111001). Commodore Kinney Randt has been in command, along with Executive Officer Commander Aryela Dagger from launch date until the present.

Roleplay Times: Wednesdays 5pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Commodore Kinney Randt
Executive Officer: Captain Aryela Dagger

Moderators: Kinney Randt, Aryela Dagger

Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Captain's Log =A=
Rear Admiral Kinney Randt Rhode recording

== Prelude ==

Captain's Log:

Stardate: 190209

Alert Status: Red

The fleet has arrived. We are stationed at the perimeter of the Loganno Nebula, with an uncertain amount of Terran Empire vessels staging inside, and out of sensor range.

The Veracruz is joined by the USS Neil Armstrong from Astraios, the USS Goddard for Peedy Thor, as well as the USS Maxwell and USS Thunderbird. Reports form the USS Sheppard show damage to an extent that made it impossible to have them join us.

Our last reports, and our best estimates, lead us to believe the ISS Veracruz, ISS Durant, ISS Thunderbird and ISS Neil Armstrong are hiding inside. While I am hopeful that the sight of our task force will force them to retreat, I am fairly certain it will take a show of force on our side.

The results of this battle will be critical for the Federation here in the Delta Quadrant. I just hope the price isn't more than we can accept.

In service,

Rear Admiral Kinney Randt-Rhode
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

*Crew Manifest*

CO Rear Admiral Kinney Randt-Rhode
XO Captain Aryela Dagger

Operations Officer Lt Cmdr Leighann Mantis

Vice Chief Engineer Cmdr Ponce "Gron Syntron" Zapatero
Engineering Officer Cmdr Moonprince Rhode-Randt

Chief Security OfficerCmdr Kristoff Jameson

Chief Science Officer Capt Scottybrit "Skot Brit" Resident

Chief Medical Officer Cmdr Rodneymmckay "Rodney McKay-Sheppard" Resident
ScottyBrit Resident
Science - Captain
Science - Captain
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Second Life

Terran Empire
ISS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=V= Captain's Log =V=
Captain Skot Brit recording

Captain's Log:

Stardate: 190209

Alert Status: Green (stood down from red)

Our previous encounter with the USS Veracruz and BOTH Monterreys had left us in less than ideal shape for a glorious battle. The bastards had left us with a port nacelle being held on by a shred and with everything else listed in previous reports. Between the limited time frame to meet with the rest of the invasion force and severely depleted engineering roster (Not entirely my doing, as there was severe damage to engineering) it did not put us at the most ideal situation to prepare for raucous victory. Nonetheless, I had overseen the repairs myself to get us to fulfill our emporer's plans.

We arrived along with the ISS Durant and ISS Thunderbird quite a wondrous sight to behold. As we began to fight in formation, we found ourselves fighting our own counterpart for the majority of the fight while the other ships engaged each other.

The engagement began with the typical hippy greeting of love and peace or whatever drivel it is that the United Federation Starfleet is always on about. Quickly though, it descended into a back and forth volley of phaser and torpedo fire. Helm kept the ship's starboard side facing the brunt of the attacks, as our shields were not fully back to where I want them... it could be weeks before they ever are again. We hit them directly at the shields on their bow, lowering shields to 85% with one shot. Things were looking good for the empire.

While we could tell that they were attempting to target our port nacelle again, which I have repeatedly stated needs to be reinforced properly by people with an IQ higher than... well my crew... Their mini-twerp ship, USS Maxwell, attempted to fire a full spread. They successfully hit our starboard side, which was answered with a swift b*** slap targeting their engine. They weren't disabled, but quickly rethought the match-up. They would have easily been defeated had the USS Veracruz not returned to protect the midget ship.

Having learned from.... What!? *He speaks toward something out of sight of the log* Why the hell would I, NO! I don't <<word removed and replaced with duckling>> know where your boat is! Ugh!

<<timestamp 190212.1544 - 190212.1604 removed>>

Ahem, having learned from our previous battle, we had reinforced the phaser and torpedo launchers on our port-side stern in an effort to catch our enemy in a trap, should they try to employ the same tactic as previously encountered. However, vented plasma, which was previously undetected, ignited upon firing, causing damage to our already weakened shield emitters. The science officer in question, Ensign Tonwen Su, will be disciplined for the error once we... well once we make a booth big enough to fit her. She tried to fold herself into our existing one, but caused it to crack.

However it was far from a one-sided fight. Despite that setback, we had several more successful spreads fired. They kept their ship in a rotation to prevent any one area from receiving damage. We were able to avoid about 15% of their shots, but the fight was taking its toll. The USS Veracruz was not looking much better, with multiple hull breaches and fires according to our sensors.

But we had our own damage to deal with. In the end, they successfully landed a shot on our port nacelle. We lost all maneuverability and would have become more of a liability. It would seem the other ships were just as far gone as we were as we all... sigh... retreated to the nebula. After our newly-appointed Chief Engineering Officer regains consciousness and we inform him of his promotion, he will have a full report.

Still, all is not lost. Valuable tactical information was gleaned, and we were able to leave without the enemies obtaining our ships. Perhaps this is not the end of the war, but simply a battle that will be erased from the books. Then we can hold their hearts over an alter and have their blood drip where it belongs.

The wormhole is now closed.

Glory to the Empire!

Captain Skot Brit
Commanding Officer
ISS Veracruz
Skot Brit.

The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Γ Gamma Company Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket

Return to “USS Veracruz”