170830 - Devil's Snare

The USS Veracruz is an Allegiance Class Starship operating in Second Life since launching in October of 2011 (Stardate 111001). Commodore Kinney Randt has been in command, along with Executive Officer Commander Aryela Dagger from launch date until the present.

Roleplay Times: Wednesdays 5pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Commodore Kinney Randt
Executive Officer: Captain Aryela Dagger

Moderators: Kinney Randt, Aryela Dagger

ScottyBrit Resident
Sciences - Commander
Sciences - Commander
Reactions:
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Second Life

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Ship's Log =A=
Commander Skot Brit recording

Ship's Log:

Stardate: 170830

Alert Status: Stand down Yellow Alert

We are currently in orbit of the Xalapa planet, while the anthropology department scours the LCARS for records on the Preservers. Meanwhile, our ship and its systems are being damaged by an unknown cause.

In service,

Commander Skot Brit
Second Officer | Chief Science Officer
USS Veracruz
Skot Brit.

The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Γ Gamma Company Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket

ScottyBrit Resident
Sciences - Commander
Sciences - Commander
Reactions:
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer

*Crew Manifest*

SO Cmdr Scottybrit "Skot Brit" Resident (CSO)

Chief Operations Officer Cmdr Fred McCellan
Operations Officer Lt Cmdr Leighann Mantis

Asst. Chief Engineering Officer Cmdr Ponce "Gron Syntron" Zapatero
Engineering Officer Cmdr Moonprince Rhode-Randt

Chief Security Officer Lt Cmdr Kristoff Jameson
Security Officer Lt Stormygyro "Stormy MacPhereson" Resident

Marine OIC Major Kyle Asbrink

*Guest star*
Science Officer Captain Nora "Ensign Tonwen Su" Gerhadsen
Skot Brit.

The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Γ Gamma Company Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket

kristoff jameson
Security - Lieutenant
Security - Lieutenant
Reactions:
Duty Post: Vice Chief of Security | USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

USS Veracruz
NCC 200808
=A= Tactical/security Log =A=

Stardate: 170830
Security status green

Log entry: mission data report from USS Veracruz security division

Individual Reports Strange happenings on the Veracruz..the weird stuff only seems to happen when cdr. brit is around I've noticed picked up a stowaway plant that kept causing havoc with the ship's systems and ended up having to fight it. when the mass of plant life took up root in the transporter room the plant was defeated and ejected into space with the help of commander syntron and commander randat. As for me Lt, gyro and major abrisnk should be commended for thier quick thinking and courage in the face of the plants attack on ens. tonwen and myself.

In service:lieutenant commander Kristoff Jameson
50% pargon 40% renegade 10% Madman Theme song: Laughing at U
[

Ponce Zapatero
Engineering - Commander
Engineering - Commander
Reactions:
Duty Post: Vice Chief Engineer

USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Engineering Log =A=
Asst. Chief Engineer Commander Gron Syntron recording...

Let it just be on record that this ship, The USS Veracruz, has seen some bad days. While I can't say this is the worst I've ever seen, it could have easily been the most chaotic. During a routine repair schedule of the Veracruz transporter systems, internal systems indicated quite a few minor micro-fractures there. One of our engineering teams picked up the problem. Under similar circumstances, this would be not quite a big deal except that these micro-fractures were getting bigger and that the transporter gel-packs were leaking, causing the fractures. Gel-pack liquid outside of the containers that they are stored into are highly toxic to most of the crew aboard the ship.

Despite being an environmental issue, it was a problem we could no longer ignore. I personally led an engineering team to the transporter room to assess the issue and take apart the transporter bit by bit, if necessary. My team was meant by hostile force by, unknown at the time, some sort of plant creature. Internal sensors did not pick up this creature immediately so I find it highly doubtful that this creature was placed there. It had grown there. With a security team on the way at this point, I did not want to jeopardize my team of engineers towards this hostility so I was able to evacuate them to the hall and seal up the transporter area.

With other things going on the ship, I assigned one of my engineering team leaders to figure the situation and left them to it. According to their report, the creature began to get bigger. By the time a Security task force got there, the creature evaded my seal of the room and began attacking various crew members. We definitely had a huge problem on our hands. This creature nestled itself in the conduits surrounding the transporter room, interrupting the deuterium flow of plasma thru them. This caused a variety of bigger problems, including setting fires to various parts of the ship. Through some very unconventional methods, however, we were able to push the creature out into space and escape before it did any further damage.

The damage sustained from this one creature to the main transporter room was enormous, almost admirable. You could say about 62 % of the transporter room was open to the vacuum of space as a result. Repairing the damage to the room and the hull integrity is minimally the least of worry. Rebuilding 45 % of the transporter, even with our best engineers on it, it could take close to several weeks. The secondary issue of this escapade is the ship's conduit system. After turning off warp core systems for about an hour, engineering was able to re-route enough systems to function temporarily and limited. Warp systems, due to the strain of the re-routes are at best going to give out warp five at best. Meta-phasic shields, although being top priority are limited to 76 % at best. Last I knew, internal and external sensors were working but that could change unfortunately.

Engineering has made some headway. The plasma fires that this one creature caused through the conduits have been deal with and the fires as a result have been repaired. In conclusion and under normal circumstances, I'd have a incredibly witty remark to make. I choose to not indulge myself in this instance, due to all of the incredible amount of work that still needs to be done. I also wait in anticipation for what command staff is going to do to the Second officer slash Chief of Science when this all hits the fan as he was in charge. Gonna be a hanging for sure.

In service,
Commander Gron Syntron

Return to “USS Veracruz”